Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

No bus to the Subashiri 5th Station (July 7)? 2016/5/27 04:57
Hi all!
We're two girls an we have booked a stay in a guesthouse (July 5 to July 7) in Gora. In the following, we will climb up mount fuji (with an overnight stay in a mountain hut). But now a problem has occured - perhaps somebody can assist. While organizing the bus tour to the trail up to mount Fuji weeve found out, that the bus is not driving on exactly July 7 to July 8 (Tuesday to Friday) ! Are there still other ways from Gotemba to the Subashiri 5th Station (July 7) and back to Gotemba (July 8)?

thank you for your help.
Best regards from Germany
by kabi (guest)  

Re: No bus to the Subashiri 5th Station (July 7)? 2016/5/27 10:44
I suspect you can't find a bus because the Subashiri trail isn't officially open until July 10 this year.

http://www.fujisan-climb.jp/en/season/

If you wanted to climb Fuji-san on the 7th you would need to use the Yoshida Trail which opens on the 1st.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: No bus to the Subashiri 5th Station (July 7)? 2016/5/28 05:04
Dear rkold,

thank you for your prompt response. But now I'm pretty irritated - because it was possible to book an overnight stay at seto kan (July 7). This hut (2.700m) is not closed. How does it work if we can not use the subashiri trail? Is there absolutely no way?
by kabi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: No bus to the Subashiri 5th Station (July 7)? 2016/5/28 09:22
I've never climbed Fuji-san, so I don't know why mountain hunts on the Subashiri trail would be open. It looks like the one you booked is at the 6th Station, so maybe if you were driving to the 5th station you could go up that high but not all the way to top?

It's also possible the hut is hoping the opening time gets moved up a few days? It is technically possible. However, I suspect that this is the reason there are no buses.

If you really want to climb Fuji, I would cancel at the place you are booked and figure out a way to do the Yoshida trail or plan to visit later in the season.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread