Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Use Japanese Ekinet 2016/5/28 18:09
I have some questions for those who have used Japanese Ekinet. I have been looking around, if I haven't missed anything, there is no way for foreign tourists to book Gran Class Shinkansen Tokyo to Shin-hakodate and pickup ticket in Tokyo. Only way to book this is I have to use Japanese Ekinet, which is not designed for non-Japan resident at all. I understand I must have Japanese address and phone number. I can read and write Japanese btw, and my questions are following :

For the address, I think I'll borrow my Japanese friend's address. Do I need to enter to phone number that works? Well they actually call or send text message? Do you think I better enter my friend's cell phone as well?

Will their system accept foreign issued credit card? Have anybody used non-Japanese credit card with Ekinet. I have used my credit card at various Japanese, American, and European online stores and never had any problem.

Thank you
by Sitti01  

Re: Use Japanese Ekinet 2016/5/28 18:27
Try and find out.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Use Japanese Ekinet 2016/5/28 18:41
I think the main problem with using a foreign card is the billing address not matching. Just using your friends address may not work since it doesn't match the address on file with the card. But since ekinet doesn't actually charge the card until you actually pick up the tickets, it might be ok... So basically, take Firas' advice and try it and see. Worse case is it rejects it and you'll have to figure something else out.
by Scarreddragon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Use Japanese Ekinet 2016/5/28 18:42
I will need to ask my friend before I use his address and phone number to try. I just would like some actual users ' insights if I should even bother trying it.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

Re: Use Japanese Ekinet 2016/5/28 22:34
No.

by HGR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Use Japanese Ekinet 2016/5/29 00:08
Gran Class tickets shouldn't be that hard to get once you're there. It was a big thing when they first came out years ago, but they are prohibitively expensive for most of the populace and the cars are mostly empty. I've taken those cars twice, two years ago and last year and both times I was the only passenger in the car. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to get the tickets overseas ahead of time.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Use Japanese Ekinet 2016/5/29 11:14
I checked their site and found nothing saying it's for Japanese residents only, so, just try.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread