Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Akihabara or Ueno 2016/5/29 04:30
Hey everyone i plan to visit Ameyoko during my first night in japan next year and i was wondering would it be more beneficial for me to stay in one of the Akihabara hotels or closer to Ueno price-wise. Since Ueno is like a 5 minute train from Akihabara. I know it wouldn't be long of a trip to Ameyoko if i were to just stay in Akihabara.
by anonymous (guest)  

Re: Akihabara or Ueno 2016/5/29 20:53
I usually stay in Nippori. It's just two additional stops on the Yamanote Line past Ueno, and there are very reasonably priced hotels close to the station (I stay in business class hotels). It also has a private train line that has direct service to Narita Airport.

I know it's a little further away, but the hotels are closer to the station.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Akihabara or Ueno 2016/5/29 22:07
I am the owner of the tattoo shop between Ueno & Akihabara and quite many clients are from oversea.

Most of them are staying in Asakusa area as there are many tourist spot and shops around the hotel. But I recommend to stay Ueno because many restaurants and Izakaya opens till midnight or even until morning. Most Izakaya restaurant in Akihabara close at around 23:00.

Also, bullet direct train to Narita airport depart from Ueno station and Nippori station. The hotels in Ueno need to walk a bit from the station though.
by Horien rate this post as useful

Re: Akihabara or Ueno 2016/5/30 12:44
thank you @Horien i was actually planning on visiting an izakaya during my first night so this works well. I will definitely take your advice and look at Ueno to stay at.
by anonymous (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread