Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving with a Child 2016/5/29 13:52
Is a safe to drive alone in with a child?
My itenaries

Day 1 - Asahikawa airport - Daisetsuzan national park
Day 2 - Asahikawai City
Day 3 - Asahikawa Zoo - Blue pond - furano
Day 4 - Furano
Day 5- Lake Toya - Otaru
Day 6- - Jozankei
Day 7 - Sapporo
Day 8 - Sapporo
Day 9 - chitose Airport

Thank you.
by Cloud33  

Re: Driving with a Child 2016/5/29 17:51
Depends on your driving skills?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Driving with a Child in Hokkaido 2016/5/29 19:01
Hakata14,
I have been driving for 7 years with overseas driving experience as well. This is my first time as a solo driver oversea.

This is my 2nd trip to Hokkaido but 1st time driving there.
I plan this route so that it would be a relax trip. Can I get some advice on my itinerary.

Thank you.
by Cloud33 rate this post as useful

Re: Driving with a Child 2016/5/31 17:32
Depends what the child is like. Likes car rides? Whinger? Sleeps? Little devil child that stresses you out? The itinerary looks fine to me, but only you know what the kid is going to tolerate.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Driving with a Child 2016/6/1 22:34
When will you be travelling? If in winter then snow/ice could be a safety concern considering you probably don't get a lot of winter driving experience residing in Singapore.

And how well does your child travel in cars? You know your child best, but maybe try taking him on some test drives with just the two of you to get a feel of how he will be. And maybe child-lock the back doors if he's the curious type (we've experienced mischievous kids opening doors on the expressway before).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread