Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Time to clear Haneda weekday mid-afternoon? 2016/6/8 12:28
Hi all. I'm booked on a flight later this month that's due to arrive at Haneda at 14:55 on a Thursday afternoon. I'm actually meeting a friend in Shinjuku the same day, before I even check-in to my hotel. So I was wondering if someone with experience landing at Haneda could talk about what time I might reasonably be able to expect to be on the platform waiting for the monorail?

I've never travelled to Tokyo before, so I'm a bit clueless. In fact, this is my first time leaving my home country, so completely clueless is probably more like it!

I know that international travel being what it is, you just don't know what kind of delays there might be. Maybe there's a huge delay and I won't get to Shinjuku until 21:00. But how about a rough estimate based on everything going smoothly?

Appreciate any answers. Thank you very much.
by Rex (guest)  

Re: Time to clear Haneda weekday mid-afternoon? 2016/6/8 12:51
No point in trying to make such an estimate, really, it's not going to change anything.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Haneda weekday mid-afternoon? 2016/6/8 13:06
I understand that, as I said anything can happen but neither I nor my friend have any idea of a presumptive time for our arrangements. It would be helpful to know a best case scenario.

Thanks for your reply.
by Rex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Haneda weekday mid-afternoon? 2016/6/8 13:17
My last trip on 7May2016 landing at 4pm and take 20 minutes total to clear custom and collect luggage. (I was the first one at custom clearing)

It just for reference as not sure other time slot.
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Haneda weekday mid-afternoon? 2016/6/8 13:23
We took 4:45pm train after queuing to buy JR pass (about 4 pax in front of us). So it is quick.

Re: Time to clear Haneda weekday mid-afternoon? 2016/6/8 13:27
Thank you for the helpful information. 45 minutes from tarmac to the train seems very fast. As I said, I've never flown internationally before but that is much, much quicker than I expected. Maybe you got lucky?

It would be sensible to err on the side of caution and allow longer than that. Anything can happen, but just having a very rough guideline is nice.

Thanks again.
by Rex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Time to clear Haneda weekday mid-afternoon? 2016/6/8 13:32
Immigration has no luck component at all. U just need to follow. and yes allow more time is preferred.

reply to this thread