Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/11 07:14
Hi everyone! I will go from Tokyo to Miyajima and I will stay there for one night. I have the check-out of hotel at 10 o'clock, but I would like to stay on the island for all the morning.. The problem is my luggage. I guess I can't let it in the hotel after the check-out, so... What could I do?
What is the best solution for you?
I thought about to let it into a locker in Hiroshima station (my next hotel is in Hiroshima), but I don't know if there will be an available one.
Thank you for the replies!
by simonebelotti94  

Re: One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/11 12:14
Yes, I left my luggage at a Hiroshima Station locker prior to staying at Miyajima.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/11 12:14
Greetings,

You have a few options..

I do not know how long you are staying in Hiroshima, or the rest of your itinerary, so I can only give you suggestions based on your post.

One option is to have your luggage forwarded from your hotel in Tokyo to your hotel in Hiroshima via the Takuhaibin service:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html

This way you can just take an overnight bag to Miyajima.

I use this service a lot when I am in Japan.

Finally, if you want to take all of your luggage with you, it should not be a problem for the hotel to keep your bag(s) for a few hours after check-out. You can double-check with the hotel, but I have done this before without any problems.

Hope this helps :)
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/11 13:50
I have the check-out of hotel at 10 o'clock, but I would like to stay on the island for all the morning.

Will you stay in a hotel in Miyajima? And after check-out, you want to stay in the island for sometime? If so, as far as I know, the hotel will keep your luggage on the same day. There might be exception, but most hotels in Japan will do with no charge.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/11 15:36
I will stay in Hiroshima only the night later! Then I will go to Osaka.
I didn't thought about Takuhaibin service. Is it reliable?
My hotel is Miyajima Seaside a bit uncomfortable for the luggage, I guess.
by simonebelotti94 rate this post as useful

Re: One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/11 17:41
i have kept my luggage in the hotel even after checkout many many times. (i could fetch it even in late evening or one time even after 2 days later). i never had been in any hotel in whole japan, which did not take care of the luggage meantime or where this would have been a problem.

aslong as you are out of the room, this will be fine. So pack up your stuff, leave the package by the lobby and enjoy your day. You can for sure pick it up later.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/11 17:46
your hotel is very close to the ferry. It is like a 5-7 minute walk on a good street. should be no problem with the luggage at all
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/11 20:21
Used ta-q-bin to do this for mistaking between Osaka and Tokyo hotels and another time from Kyoto to Osaka. Both times were reliable and convenient. Your Tokyo hotel should be able to help you fill out the form and it's nice not to worry about bags on the Shinkansen (I'm assuming that's how you're coming from Tokyo but it'll be easier to go with baggage if you're flying to KIX or something)
by Chasingme (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: One night in Miyajima - luggage? 2016/6/12 00:34
Leave your luggage in the hotel after you check out, and pick it up on your way to the ferry as you leave the island.
Never come across a hotel that would not provide this service.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread