Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Overnight luggage storage 2016/6/12 13:52
Hi I am planning to visit Tokyo and Fuji/Hakone soon. I will be reaching Tokyo first then move to Hakone but then I was wondering is there any place I can keep my big luggage for 3 days during my trip to Fuji Hakone and retrieve it when I am back?

Thanks!
by steven90  

Re: Overnight luggage storage 2016/6/12 15:59
I'm not sure of any options available to you.

"IF" you can find a locker big enough for the large suitcases. They will normally only allow you about 2.5 days as they check the lockers at either 10am/noon/2pm (once) and if the locker has been checked 3 times, then they may remove you bag and take it to their depot. This I'd assume would be the fun part (jokes) for those not familiar with language or getting around.

So Realisticly 2 days is fine, 3 days is a push depending on when it is dropped off into the locker.

I would probably get you luggage sent to your final destination hotel in Fuji/Hakone. Luggage forwarding services allow you to send your luggage to a location up to 7 days in advance.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight luggage storage 2016/6/13 14:06
Are you staying in the same hotel in Tokyo? Some hotels will hold your luggage for you if you are returning to stay with them again a few days later.

Otherwise, use the luggage forwarding service to send it to your next hotel after Fuji. The luggage forwarding service can hold your luggage for up to 7 days before delivery.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Overnight luggage storage 2016/9/7 18:02
I will be staying at Airbnbs so hotel forwarding may not be possible and I don't want to forward my luggage to Fuji either.

Does anyone know if the lockers at Shinjuku or Oshiage/Tokyo Skytree allows overnight usage of coin lockers?
by steven90 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread