Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Onioshidashi & Shiraito Falls 2016/6/13 15:04
Hello everyone,

I will start for Matsumoto from Tokyo, in the morning 7 July 2016. And during the 7 July, I'm planing a day trip for Karuizawa. I will be at the Karuizawa train station around 09:50. I want to see Onioshidashi Park, Shiraito Waterfall, and Usui Pass Observation Platform.

is it possible to see these 3 places in the one day?

I've searched Onioshidashi bus timetable (Seibu-Kougen-Bus) and Shiraito Waterfall bus timetable (Kusakaru-Koutsuu-Bus). But links that was shared previously, are not working now.

can you share new bus timetable, please?

in my mind, I'm planing to go first Onioshidashi from Karuizawa train station (35 min). I will spent there 30- 40 min. Then, I will start for "Mine no Chaya". ( I don't know, is there any bus station at Mine no chaya"?) I will change my bus company. I will get on Kusakaru-Koutsuu-Bus for Shiraito Waterfall. I will spent there 30-40 min. After that, I will go to Usui Pass Observation Platform by using same bus company again. I will spent there 30-40 min. And I will walk to Karuizawa Train station (1 hour). I have to catch 16:32 Shinkansen for Matsumoto.

Please help me. Is this plan logical? I need your advice. Thank you .

ps: sorry my poor English.

by inferidii  

Re: Onioshidashi & Shiraito Falls 2016/6/16 18:26
please,
I really need new bus timetable for Onioshidashi & Shiraito Falls.
by inferidii rate this post as useful

Re: Onioshidashi & Shiraito Falls 2016/6/17 00:16
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Onioshidashi & Shiraito Falls 2016/6/17 06:30
Hi! When you go to the platform, dont miss the nearby Kumano Kaotai shrine (interesting, with a reference to a three legged crow) and also there is a cafe across from it which sells the best dango I've ever had, and you can sit outside with views over the valley.

The walk back to town is interesting enough though quite a bit of it is more of a bush track, and it isnt all that well signposted when you get back on to the roads. A map of the route wouldnt hurt.

When you get back to town you arrive at the top of the ginza street. That is actually quite a fun street so I'd allow a bit of time to poke around there. Really, I'd have thought that the whole thing (if you look around the shrine and have some dango and tea, then walk back) would take an easy 2 1/2 hours counting some time in the Ginza Street, and the station is a fair hike from there.

I found it all pretty good.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Onioshidashi & Shiraito Falls 2016/7/28 18:25
Thank you so much friends. I didn't see Onioshidashi & Shiraito Falls.. I went to Karuizawa, and first of all I wanted to see Usui Pass Observation Platform. But I lost . The map was not good. And there was no any good Romanji or English sing around. So, I had to go back to station. I have to say, I didn't like Karuizawa. Sorry.
by inferidii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread