Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sagano Scenic Train - Queuing for ticket 2016/6/15 02:58
I'd like to get the open-air seats for the earliest ride from Kameoka to Arashimaya. Heading there on 28 June.

1. How early should I start queuing at Kameoka?
2. As other stations (Saga and Arashimaya) open earlier than Kameoka, does it mean that the tickets I want could get sold out at these stations? If so, should I queue at other stations instead?
3. On which side would the views be better, from Kameoka to Saga?

Thanks in advance.
by KS (guest)  

Re: Sagano Scenic Train -- Queuing for ticket 2016/6/15 11:57
It seems that you could buy the ticket from one month ahead at each stations in JR west.
https://www.sagano-kanko.co.jp/english.php
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Train -- Queuing for ticket 2016/6/15 12:38
biwakoman,

I think the OP is talking about the ticket for Car No. 5 (open air) which is sold on the day at the station.

1.The tickets for Car No.5 [The Rich] and standing room tickets are sold on the day at our station(Saga, Arashiyama, and Kameoka Torokko Stations) at the same day only.

This page might be useful.

http://tuiteruhanashi.net/1241.html

The tips are:

If you want to get on high season (autumn leaves, cherry blossoms), go early, say, queue before 7:00.

The train from Torokko Kameoka tend to be less crowded.

I am not sure, but I think the ticket from Torokko Kameoka is sold at only Torokko Kameoka (get off at Umahori, not Kameoka to go there).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Train -- Queuing for ticket 2016/6/15 16:12
I would go to Torroko-Saga and buy your ticket first thing in the morning when that station opens.

As noted it opens earlier than the other station due to it having the first departing train.

You can buy a ticket for any train on the day for the open air car.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Train - Queuing for ticket 2016/6/15 17:04
I didn't know that we can not get ahead the ticket of the open deck.

I am sorry.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Sagano Scenic Train - Queuing for ticket 2016/6/15 17:17
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread