Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

day trip to kamakura 2016/6/19 15:43
having travelled to Japan several times before I thought it would be good to revisit Kamukura
Can anyone recommend an itinery for a good day trip ?
We are staying at Nippori Tokyo on the green line
by denijim  

Re: day trip to kamakura 2016/6/20 11:45
Bit hard to suggest an itinerary when you don't say what you've seen before or what you'd like to see again (or for the first time). Temples? Daibutsu? Hiking? Enoshima?

By the "green line" do you mean the Yamanote line? Use hyperdia to look up routes.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: day trip to kamakura 2016/6/20 12:21
I would just start a Kamakura station and work your way west. It will be difficult to fit all the Kamakura temple and Enoshima into one day.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: day trip to kamakura 2016/6/20 19:02
This is the route I did: https://tokyoanecdote.wordpress.com/2016/02/27/daibutsu-hiking-trail-k...
From Kita-kamakura station I took the Daibutsu Hiking Trail, visiting many shrines and temples along the way and ending at the Daibutsu / hasedera. That took about half a day. Later I went to Gokurakuji and the beach. There are many other trails in Kamakura too, if you want to go to Jochi-ji or see the bamboo garden instead.
by Click (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread