Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/21 10:27
Guys, I need your help here...

For the next 21 months (1y 9m), My wife and I are planning travel to Japan for 14 days (from March to April). When I get there, I want enjoy not having to be in a hurry leaving some place to get in other just in time. So I'm asking for your help, about where do I can go based in some parameters that I have.

To be able to start the planning, I've decided started from the itinerary for 14 days and 13 nights (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_osaka_12.html). And base in some places that my wife and I want to go, follow what I got:

- Nagoya Chubu Centrair (NGO)
- Nishio-shi (I'll be staying at friend's house)

- Nagoya Castle
- Nagoya City Science Museum

- Nishiki Market
- Nijo Castle (Nijojo)
- Maruyama Park

- Universal Studios Japan
- Dotonbori (Minami (Namba))

- Itsukushima Shrine
- Himeji Castle

- Takayama

- Shinjuku
- Ginza
- Shibuya (Hachiko Statue)
- Tokyo Tower

Beside this itinerary, there's some things that I really want to see (if possible) like:

- Bullet train
- Cherry blossom
- Nightlife (lights, crowd, restaurants)
- Tokyo
- Hachiko statue
- Maybe see some castle or museum or both.
- Sumo fight
- Universal Studio
- Ginza
- Tech stores

So, here's what I think that I'll be needed:

$253,33 - Japan Rail Pass
$206,19 - WI-FI
$2.474,34 - Hotel
$2.061,95 - Daily Expenses
$9,62 - Nagoya Castle
$15,39 - Nagoya City Science Museum
$11,54 - Nijo Castle (Nijojo)
$127,92 - Universal Studios Japan
$9,62 - Itsukushima Shrine
$20,01 - Himeji Castle
$61,56 - Tokyo Tower
$5.251,45 - Total

So, for now that's it what I have. I'm exited about this, I'm trying planning this using Google Maps, Trello, Excel, Pocket (saving all kind of information).

Since now, I really appreciate you help.

Thank you.
by rochapablo  

Re: How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/22 11:15
Which airport will you be flying in and out of?
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/22 15:30
If you're feeling fit, go for it. Otherwise, take your time and enjoy the modern, the old, and everything in between. 14 days is ample to a get a feel for Japan. Have fun.
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Re: How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/22 20:19
@hakata14, I'll be going from Londrina, Brazil Airport to Nagoya Chubu Centrair (NGO).

@Matt1969, now that I have some places I'll start explore each area and see how to expend a day on foot.
by rochapablo rate this post as useful

Re: How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/23 06:39
You should spend some more time in Kyoto. Maybe three days?
Hiroshima maybe 2 days. Tokyo being another 2. Use the other time for the places in between and possible day trips.
by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/23 09:32
@Jh (guest), last night I was checking for what visit in Ginza (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3005.html) and Shibuya (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3007.html), so I was adding one by one at my Google Maps account, at the end I start to get crazy with soo many places in a "small" party of the map.

Re: How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/23 15:28
Shibuya is good for shopping and some interesting bars down back streets.
If you get homesick, there are quite few Brazillian shops and restaurants around - went to one in Utsunomiya! Nice bbq beef - yum.
by Matt1969 rate this post as useful

Re: How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/23 20:17
@Matt1969, I hope that doesn't happens. I'm quite used with some Japanese food like Udon, Sushi, Sashimi so I hope enjoy the most Asian food as possible.

Re: How do I enjoy my 14 days and 13 nights? 2016/6/24 10:26
I also suggest spending more time in Kyoto and visiting one of many beautiful temples there. There are some that are also famous for cherry blossoms. You can scroll through the list under Kyoto in this site for the temple or shrine that interests you the most.
by ami (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread