Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Izu-Jogasaki bus free ticket 2016/6/24 18:13
Hello
in 5 July 2016 I'm planning a day trip to Izu peninsula. I will visit, Mount Omuro, Jogasaki Coast, Seven Waterfall, and Shirahama Beach. I've researched a day ticket for Tokai buses. "Izu-Jogasaki bus free ticket" looks like okay. But if you know the other passes that are much more better, please advice me?

My journey will start from Izu-Kogen station. Where can I buy "Izu-Jogasaki bus free ticket" or the other free kippu style ticket?

Thank you.

by inferidii  

Re: Izu-Jogasaki bus free ticket 2016/6/25 04:14
I've stayed at Izu Kogen a couple of times but have never used to main bus from here - I know that you can buy the pass pass next to Ito station in the bus station itself. I expect that it will be the same at Izu Kogen station but I will say that almost NO-ONE speaks English in the town. That will make it difficult to find places in the town itself which is a little confusing once you leave the station.

Also on a personal note from someone who has spent a lot of time on the Izu Peninsula - it may be possible to visit all of these sites in one day but there would be an absolute huge amount of travel and little time to actually enjoy the sites.

A good day trip from Izu-Kogen/Ito is Mt Omuro - Lake Ippikiko & completing the Jogasaki coast walk.

Shimoda is at least 50 minutes by car from Izu Kogen - not taking into consideration traffic and buses stopping. Dropping Shiramama beach would be my biggest suggestion.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Izu-Jogasaki bus free ticket 2016/7/1 14:33
It's almost impossible to visit Mt.Omuro, Jogasaki coast, seven waterfall and Shirahama beach in one day unless you have a perfect command of Japanese.
If you intend to use local buses, following URL becomes a help.

http://www.tokaibus.jp/page.jsp?id=6241

"Ito Free pass" covers Mt.Omuro and Jogasaki Coast, "Izu Jogasaki Free Pass" is as well, that is available at the exit of "Izu Kogen station". Ito Free pass can be got at Ito station bus center (30 seconds' walk from the exit of Ito station). Despite of previous theread, some staff speaks English a little now!!
From Izu Kogen station to Kawazu station, you are supposed to take "Izukyu Railway" for about 25 minutes, then transfer to the local bus at Kawazu station (bus terminal is just in front of south exit). Buses to Seven waterfalls (In Japan they call it "Kawazu Nanadaru") runs every 30-50 minutes from platform No.3 and costs 1,130 yen for a round trip. Its ticket is easily available at the sales office that stands on the same platfrom.
Shirahama beach....Mmm. Of course not bad, but nothing special . It is JUST a "beautiful white sand beach". If your time to visit all destinations above limits in one day, I dont recommend there to go. In case you insist, please get on "Izukyu Railway" again, and then get off the train at the final station "Izukyu Shimoda", where you take a local bus to "Itado Ichiki" at the plat form No.9 of Shimoda bus terminal. 10 minutes and 330 JPY ride from Shimoda station, a bus takes you to Shirahama beach.
by izoo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Izu-Jogasaki bus free ticket 2016/7/28 18:26
Thank you so much friends. This time I could not see Izu Peninsula. Because of timeless. But next time, definitely I'm going to go there.
by inferidii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread