Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Self-drive Shirakawa go/Takahama 2016/6/25 23:14
We hope to do a self-drive from Osaka to Shirakawa go and Takahama over 4 days, 3 nights from 8 to 11 Dec 2016. Can anyone advise if we should park ourselves either in Shirakawa go or Takahama or should we just find accommodation along the way?

We would need to return to osaka to catch our flight from Kansai International Airport.
by HYing  

Re: Self-drive Shirakawa go/Takahama 2016/6/26 14:32
by Lahc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Self-drive Shirakawa go/Takahama 2016/6/26 16:13
Thanks Lahn for the tip.

Does that mean that it will be better for us to base ourselves in say, Nagoya, and just plan day trips to Shirakawa go and Takayama such that if show and roads are closed, we can just do some sightseeing in Nagoya itself?

Or is there a better/more convenient place to park ourselves if our objectives is to plan daytrips to these two places?

Thank you very much.
by HYing rate this post as useful

Re: Self-drive Shirakawa go/Takahama 2016/6/27 03:26
Without winter driving experience it is not advisable to undergo a self-drive road trip. Both Takayama and Shirakawa-go are well served by public transports and there is no need to drive yourself. Takayama can be reached by JR whereas Shirakawa-go can be reached by bus from Takayama, Kanazawa or Nagoya.
by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Self-drive Shirakawa go/Takahama 2016/7/4 13:12
then may i ask, what is the most recommended (cost effective) way to travel from Osaka to Shirakawa-go?
Self-drive in a car? Kintetsu-rail pass? or Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass?

i will be travelling in 5 pax in October
by Valerie (guest) rate this post as useful

Self-drive From Osaka to takamaya & Tokyo 2016/7/22 00:50
1) I plan to drive from Osaka to Takamaya , overnight a day and back to Tokyo on 2nd day, I traveling with total 4 Pax, Kindly advise me Train or self drive which one will cost lower ? And duration for Train and self drive journey almost the same ?
by Maggie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread