Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 days in Osaka 2016/6/27 10:39
Hi,
4 of us adult will be traveling to Japan for 2 weeks in February 2017, please help me to make our trip comfortable.
ITENARY:
Day 1. Arrive in Osaka airport and stay in Airbnb apartment Namba area (get off at nippombashi station)
Day 2. Wonder around in Osaka
Day 3. Train trip to Kyoto in the morning and back to Osaka at night
Day 4. Wonder around in Osaka
Day 5. Train trip to Hiroshima and Miyajima in the morning and back to Osaka at night
Day 6. Train trip to Kobe in the morning and back to Osaka at night
Day 7. Wonder around in Osaka
Day 8. Train trip from Osaka to Tokyo (shinkansen??)
Day 9 - Day 14. Wonder around in Tokyo
Day15. Fly Home

We are not sure whether we should buy JR pass rail or any other Pass.

Could you guys kindly give me a feedback on our itenary and I welcome any suggestion on our itenary and what to buy in regards to train transportation.

Thank You

May
by simplymay  

Re: 7 days in Osaka 2016/6/27 14:36
I might suggest doing Hiroshima/Miyajima as an overnight trip from Osaka. Unless you have some keen interest in Kobe, I would not plan on a full day to Kobe. Instead, I would suggest another day in Kyoto, or you could visit Himeji castle (but this is all up to what you are interested in). Kyoto is not a one-day destination :)
If you go to Himeji, I suggest you go there in the morning to gain access to inside the castle. But in any case, since you have your apartment in Osaka, you can be pretty flexible about where you go during the day I guess.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days in Osaka 2016/6/27 16:04
Suggestion: Day 4. Train trip to Kyoto and back to Osaka at night. Kyoto requires two days minimum whatever aspect of japan you like.
by johnnyman rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days in Osaka 2016/6/28 06:41
I would switch one Osaka day and the Kobe day for two Kyoto days.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days in Osaka 2016/7/1 10:58
JR Rail Pass is about $270 for 7 days.

From Osaka to Tokyo by shinkansen round trip is about 30,000 yen (~$300) a person, 2.5 hours one way. You can easily get to Tokyo and spend almost a full day exploring Tokyo.

You'd be saving money already, just by using the rail pass.

Also, I live in Osaka. It's a great place to visit, but two days in Kyoto would be much more worth your time.
by Kuma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days in Osaka 2016/7/20 12:20
a day trip in Kyoto is hardly worth it. That city warrants much more time. I spent 4 nights and still had a lot I missed out on.

I'd suggest evenly splitting your time in Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto while still doing your day trips.
by alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days in Osaka 2016/7/20 12:38
and still no Nara in the itinerary kekeke!
by stikiting rate this post as useful

reply to this thread