Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Camp at Raicho-zawa Campground 2016/6/28 14:51
Hi dear all, I'm thinking to stay at night at the Raicho-zawa Campground as the accommodations at the mount are very expensive. I'm on a budget.
Does anyone has more info about this campground?
Do I need to bring the tent myself? Is it appropriate to stay there in early October? If I get myself the Tateyama Kurobe option ticket, am I able to visit the Tateyama alpine route and stay a night there at Raicho-zawa campground?

Thank you!
by Seadar Wave  

Re: Camp at Raicho-zawa Campground 2016/6/28 18:14
I have not been there, but from what I can read off from Japanese websites and blogs:

- The camping ground is about one hour walk from Murodo
- You need to bring your own tent (no "solo tent" allowed, as space is limited, it says)
- Good water supply and toilet facility
- Nearby huts provide bath for day visitors (500 yen)
- I guess you'd need to bring in your cooking equipment and food supplies
- Consideration requested for wildlife around , etc.
- The campsite closes from Nov. It should still be OK in October, but one climber commented on his blog that in mid-October the weather was bad with hail and snow, ad the temperature went down to -5 degrees C. Late Sept. (another blogger comments) it was winter weather, not autumn.

http://www.info-toyama.com/s/spot/31029/
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Camp at Raicho-zawa Campground 2016/6/29 18:33
I hope you've noticed this thread :)
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Camp at Raicho-zawa Campground 2016/6/30 17:00
Hi, thank you very much.
Yes, great info posted by you. I would really really wanna do this. I think, i would give it a try.
If I find that the condition is not suitable to stay overnight, I will leave , is that possible?
May I know what time is the last schedule for the railway or train in Japan?
by Seadar Wave rate this post as useful

reply to this thread