Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling alone to Japan at 17 years old? 2016/6/29 12:21
I'm planning on visiting this summer alone. I'm 17 (turning 18 in November). My parents are fine with me going there alone (we've been there before, but due to work, no one is able to accompany me).

What paperwork do I have to fill out in order to travel there and not run into any issues with US/Japanese immigration/customs?
by jbtb07  

Re: Traveling alone to Japan at 17 years old? 2016/6/29 15:38
As far as Japan is concerned, you don't need to do anything more than someone who's 18 or 20. The US things are off-topic here.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling alone to Japan at 17 years old? 2016/6/29 18:01
Do you think I'll have trouble checking in at a hotel, despite my parents booking me though? Would a notarized affidavit approving my travel work? I should probably have this affidavit written in both Japanese and English, right?
by jbtb07 rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling alone to Japan at 17 years old? 2016/6/30 02:04
You (or your parents) should tell the Hotel you travel alone when you book.
Under 18 yo is prohibited to go out in midnight by most of the prefectures.
by moto86 rate this post as useful

Re: Traveling alone to Japan at 17 years old? 2016/6/30 09:41
Hotels often (that I have bothered to notice) have a requirement that the person checking in is 18+, so that could be a problem for you if you do not check in advance.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread