Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can you wear yukata if you're plus size? 2016/6/30 02:03
I read that Japanese people only think yukata looks beautiful on slim girls. Is this true? Also, are you able to buy plus size or custom size yukata in Japan easily?
by Kayl3igh  

Re: Can you wear yukata if you're plus size? 2016/6/30 12:49
No. Yes.
by ..@ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can you wear yukata if you're plus size? 2016/6/30 17:21
Does it matter what other people think?

As for sizes. These these guys in Japan. they call them Sumo Wrestlers. Perhaps you have heard of them. they are quite large and they make big sizes for them.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Can you wear yukata if you're plus size? 2016/7/6 06:58
Yes, of course you can (men and women). Same goes for kimono..
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can you wear yukata if you're plus size? 2016/7/11 02:35
You can definitely wear yukatas if you're plus size. Why not? As long as you like it, it doesn't matter what other people think.
by chustotravel rate this post as useful

Re: Can you wear yukata if you're plus size? 2016/8/5 01:08
If you look in the Japanese magazine "La Farfa" in the June/July/August issues, you should see a lot of plus sized Japanese people wearing yukata. Even the ones I got in February had ladies in kimono. :)
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can you wear yukata if you're plus size? 2016/8/30 00:25
The problem is "find easily." Most stores that sell them only carry slightly large sizes. I carry my own large-sized yukata around when I travel as the Japanese sized ones come down to my knees.

There are "big sized" stores now that you might have to look for if the XL in a regular store is too small. The Japanese sizes are typically one size smaller than a US size (XL in Japan = L in the US).
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can you wear yukata if you're plus size? 2016/8/30 00:44
8X (Jpn) = 3X (USA)
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread