Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan trip planning advice 2016/6/30 11:39
Hi :)

what do you think of my itinerary? would love to hear some feedback since it is my first trip abroad. also, do you think I should get the JR pass?

13th tokyo
14 tokyo
15 tokyo
16 tokyo
17 tokyo
18 tokyo
19 tokyo
20 takayama
21 takayama
22 kanzawa
23 kanzawa
24 kyoto
25 kyoto
26 kyoto
27 kyoto
28 kyoto
29 osaka
30 osaka
1heroshima
2 heroshima
3 heroshima
4 mt koya
5 mt koya
6 tokyo
7 hokkaido
8 hokkaido
9 hokkaido
10 tokyo

by Omniya (guest)  

Re: Japan trip planning advice 2016/6/30 15:43
It looks interesting, and I think 21 day JR pass will be valuable, but what is the months? September to October, November to December, or?
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan trip planning advice 2016/6/30 17:12
it is your first time abroad. So it is nice to see you have allocated sufficient time in case you get lost.
I feel spending three days in Hokkaido wouldn't do it justice as the prefecture is way larger than Tokyo. (It is an island in itself) If you only plan to see Sapporo or Hakodate then the time is sufficient. (though it is a bit time consuming to go all the way day and only see so little)

Do cut a day from Mt Koya. There isn't more than half a day of activities there.

Lastly, why are you going to Tokyo in between Mt Koya and Hokkaido? To catch a train to Hokkaido? If you plan on flying to Hokkaido might as well take a plane from ITM or KIX. You are already spending six days (not counting arrival and departure days) in Tokyo, there is no need to spend more time here.

Everything else seems solid. Just one question. Which month are you going? Since... you know... if it is in winter, you may be stuck in Hokkaido due to a snow storm and miss your flight out on the 10th.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan trip planning advice 2016/6/30 17:17
It really depends on what you interests are. I personally would prefer Kyushu over Hokkaido. So tell us more about why you have you itinerary as it is.

Also agree with others that 3 days is not enough time for Hokkaido.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan trip planning advice 2016/7/1 01:07
Looks good, but I hope you have some more specifics planned.
by SlickEric rate this post as useful

reply to this thread