Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggestions for 3 weeks Dec 2016 to Jan 2017 2016/6/30 22:49
Have some ideas (arriving Osaka, poss. dep. Tokyo) mid-Dec for three weeks. Travelling with 4 adults. Considered destinations: Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, (to include Mirajima), Kanazawa/Takayama??(either/or) Ise? /Monkey Park, Tokyo (though rather not spend time here and ???Hakone or ???) This is my 4th visit but travelling with others whom I'd love to be impressed with a wonderful itinerary. Would love some suggestions. Culture, nature, gardens, history, easy hiking, oh and of course, light festivals!!) Know this is a broad selection but I would appreciate your suggestions and thanking you all in advance. Kim
by Kim Leanne  

Re: Suggestions for 3 weeks Dec 2016 to Jan 2017 2016/7/4 11:25
You didn't give dates, but this could be an interesting one for real Japanese culture. Its in Nara, close to Kyoto and in mid-December

http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/spot/festival/kasugawakamiyaon.html

Also, be sure to be somewhere with a a major temple for New Year's eve!!
by andy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suggestions for 3 weeks Dec 2016 to Jan 2017 2016/7/4 11:50
And if you are doing the Monkey Park, I'd recommend you do it out of Nozawa, which is very picturesque in the winter and allows you to try the half a dozen or so free onsens scattered around the village!

Re: Suggestions for 3 weeks Dec 2016 to Jan 2017 2016/7/4 11:56
Winter also provides some of the clearest and most beautiful views of Mt Fuji, so if you are in Tokyo on a sunny day, I'd head for Kamakura/Enoshima (Kamakura is a great place in its own right if you are into temples and 'traditional' Japan)

Re: Suggestions for 3 weeks Dec 2016 to Jan 2017 2016/7/4 12:00
Thanks everyone for suggestions thus far! Please keep them coming! Arrival around December 16 departure 6th January.
by Kim Leanne rate this post as useful

reply to this thread