Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido National Parks 2016/7/1 01:59
Hi Everyone,

My wife and I will be travelling to Japan Sept 10 to Oct 10 and were thinking of spending few days in Hokkaido (perhaps in the beginning of October) at the Daisetsuzan National Park.

We chose this park because we were looking for day hikes, nature, and wildlife sightseeing.

Would Daisetsuzan National Park be the best choice for that? Or are other parks better suited?

I can't find too much info about easy/intermediate hikes but only multi-day hikes and not too much info about the Daisetsuzan National Park at all. We are not looking to camp out there but just day hikes.

Would the Shiretoko National Park perhaps be a better choice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

by Diego Grimaldi (guest)  

Re: Hokkaido National Parks 2016/7/1 16:00
https://japanhike.wordpress.com/hokkaido/

I did the Tokachi hike last year (the longer version up to Tokachi and then along the next couple of peaks before coming back down) and it was one of the best hikes I've done anywhere, in Japan, or out...

Asahi-dake is also recommended as its the highest peak in Hokkaido, has easy public transport access and has a cablecar, so if you want to take it up and hike down or vice versa, you can.
by andy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokkaido National Parks 2016/7/1 16:06
by andy (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread