Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/1 02:43
Hi !
I am planning to go to the 5th station Mount Fuji by bus Keio dentetsu. After spending a day and night climbing Mount Fuji, I would like to have a ride around the 5 lakes and go to Hakone. I will go to odawara and go to Kyoto after.

1/ is odawara the only place where I can go buy the Fuji hakone pass, which means I have to go from Mount Fuji to odawara first, Which will not be covered by the pass

2/ so can I buy the ticket in advance at Tokyo? I mean the ticket that doesn't include the Tokyo-hakone or Fuji route. In that way I will be able to use the pass right after my Ascension to Mount Fuji, and the visit the 5 lakes, go to hakone where my hotel is.

Thank you for your help
Best
by Yayo (guest)  

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/1 10:56
If you want to go down to Kansai after the Fuji area, then it'd save you a little more time going to Mishima instead of Odawara.

Regarding the Fuji area passes, did you look at the Odakyu website?
http://www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/2 18:09
Thank you for your reply.
I did read the hakone pass website.

Still, for the Fuji Hakone Pass : I understand that I can buy the ticket at Tokyo, but since I will be going to Mt Fuji 5th station without using the pass, I would like to use the pass after my Ascension without going to Odawara first.

From what I am reading, I fear that it is required to activate the Fuji Hakone pass firstly at Odawara station.

So my question is : for the Fuji Hakone Pass "departing from Odawara", can I activate it and use it in another station than Odawara ?

Thank you

by Yayo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/3 03:54
PS : when I say Fuji Hakone pass, I mean also Hakone free pass. The thing is to know if I have my first use from anywhere.
Thank you

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/3 08:01
If you are going to Fuji 5th station, then the Hakone pass might not pay off as much. As for activating, it looks like a ticket and there isn't an "activation" at Odawara or Shinjuku required like some other passes.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/3 09:11
yokoso@odakyu-travel.co.jp

email the company and find out.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/3 09:59
So my question is : for the Fuji Hakone Pass "departing from Odawara", can I activate it and use it in another station than Odawara ?

No. The only two stations where you can activate the Fuji Hakone Pass are Shinjuku and Odawara.

As for the Hakone Free Pass, it can be purchased at other stations and places, as well. But I don't think Gotemba Station, the natural place from where you would enter Hakone, is among them. If you come from Mount Fuji, I think the Sengoku Information Center by Hakone Tozan Bus is the first place where you can buy the pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/4 00:10
Alright thank you !
On odakyu website it is explained how to buy tickets and Hakone pass, it seems like you can buy it on any odakyu station service on their machine. I will let you know if I can use the pass right away.

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/4 00:21
there isn't an "activation" at Odawara or Shinjuku required like some other passes.

I don't know of any pass that requires an "activation" in any meaningful sense of the word. Some passes require an exchange, which is quite different.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Fuji free Pass 2016/7/4 07:45
Really? It is just a incorrectly used word and you understood the usage of it anyway in the context of the whole response. So why correct someones grammar when they are not a native English speaker when the message is still good enough to understand?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread