Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About nobinobi seats on Izumo Sunrise Train 2016/7/2 10:15
Hi!

Me and a few friends are planning to travel to Shimane prefecture via Izumo Sunrise overnight train from Tokyo, and would prefer the nobi-nobi/cheapest "seats".

We're planning to travel in the middle of August, and on a Friday night for the weekend. I read that nobi-nobi seats are very popular and would sell out in advance, and I imagine given the conditions we're planning, it might sell out relatively faster...

Can I ask advise how "early" should we reserve seats? I read the earliest to reserve is 30 days prior - would 1 or 2 days later make a big difference? I've had a few experiences in Japan, wherein promos or events sell out on the first day... Is it also that case of the sleeper train?

Thanks for any advise!
by ben (guest)  

Re: About nobinobi seats on Izumo Sunrise Train 2016/7/2 12:24
If by the middle of August you mean the 12th, that will be very difficult due to obon.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About nobinobi seats on Izumo Sunrise Train 2016/7/2 16:11
Reservations open at 10am one month (and not 30 days) prior to departure. For example, reservations for a train departing on August 15 open at 10am on July 15.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: About nobinobi seats on Izumo Sunrise Train 2016/7/2 17:17
Reservations open at 10am one month (and not 30 days) prior to departure. For example, reservations for a train departing on August 15 open at 10am on July 15.

I think the nobi-nobi seat of 12th Aug departing Tokyo will be sold-out before 10:10am on July 12th, since this is one of the most popular train, there are only 56 seats, and 12th Aug (Fri) is one of the most busy days in Japan. Actually, the reservation is done on computer terminals in train stations and travel agencies connecting the JR reservation networks. Actually this is done by operators, so it is the speed competition among them. Of course there are many customers requesting various tickets, thus the operator may not be able to type for you at 10:00. People says, choose not busy station and high-skill operator and ask him/her beforehand to book for you. Maybe this is out-dated information, so please correct me if I am wrong.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: About nobinobi seats on Izumo Sunrise Train 2016/7/4 21:33
Hello again,

I noticed some office ticket (Midori-no-madoguchi) open earlier than 10AM - like 8AM. Does this mean even if I buy the reserve ticket for 1month advance before 10AM, they will not accept it? And I have to wait until exactly 10AM for them to process my reservation?

Thanks!
by Jeremiah Kwok (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About nobinobi seats on Izumo Sunrise Train 2016/7/5 07:42
I noticed some office ticket (Midori-no-madoguchi) open earlier than 10AM - like 8AM.

Virtually all of them open before 10am.

Does this mean even if I buy the reserve ticket for 1month advance before 10AM

No. Reservations are not possible before 10am.

And I have to wait until exactly 10AM for them to process my reservation?

That's right.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread