Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto itinerary suggestions 2016/7/3 20:55
I want some help please. I am planning a 3 days itinerary in Kyoto and we are medium-slow pace travellers. Any advice? I woul like to see Uji, Bishamondo and Arashiyama too. Thank you!
by Maxwell (guest)  

Re: Kyoto itinerary suggestions 2016/7/4 12:36
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3950.html

The Arashiyama half day itinerary works with either the northern half day itinerary added to it. Or you can do the train and boat ride with Arashiyama.

There isn't much to planning. The places you wanna see, click on them in this website and see the "Getting There" sections.

Uji and Bishimon-do could probably be done in the same day since they have rail access close by with a single transfer between the two. They both are very close to Kyoto, so you could do when on separate mornings and have lazy slow afternoons elsewhere.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto itinerary suggestions 2016/7/4 16:17
For 3 days you have enough time to see all three places. They aren't far apart and besides Arashiyama the grounds are easy to cover.

Do arashiyama over one + half days.
Uji and Bisha in a day.
Use the last day for some additional Kyoto time. The city has much to offer.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto itinerary suggestions 2016/7/5 00:24
Thank you!
Considering we want to see the most important spots (Kinkakuji, Ryoanji, NinnajiArashiyama, Kiyomizudera, Higashiyama, Ginkakuji, Nanzenji) plus Uji, Bishamondo and Katsura... do you think it is possible to visit all of them in 4 days? Remembering we are medium pace travellers. Thanks thanks thanks.
by Maxwell (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto itinerary suggestions 2016/7/5 06:44
You've added some locations and a day. I still think it is doable.

The Arashiyama half day + northern Kyoto temple half day becomes fast. If you dropped something like the money park, saving 90mins, then it does not become rushed.

But since you've added Katsura, and want medium pace, then I'd do:-

Day1 = Katsura + Arashiyama half day itinerary
Day2 = Uji + Bishimon-do
Day3 = Kiyomizudera/Higashiyama half day itinerary + Gion???
Day4 = Northern temple half day itinerary + something else???

Days in no specific order

Re: Kyoto itinerary suggestions 2016/7/5 07:01
money park = monkey park.

reply to this thread