Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itineraries 2016/7/4 12:26
To fly in and out from Narita from Québec (Canada) for 4 weeks.
To buy à 21 days JR Pass

10 days in Kyoto( Fuji, Nikko,Hakone,Kamakura,Nagoya,Takayama,Kanazawa,Matsumoto,Nagano)

10 days in Kyoto( Osaka, Kobe, Himeji, Nara,Koya-san,Hiroshima,Okayama, Naoshima)

Take shinkansen to Hokkaiko( last day of JR Pass) What will be the weather in April?
To rent car or public transport visiting Hokkaido for last week and take à domestic flight to Narita Airport going back to Canada.

Does it seem OK? Too relax or too much ?

My planning is not définitive. Still trying to make sense of all the information received.

Many thanks in advance.

Hoa

by Hoa Pham thi (guest)  

Re: Itineraries 2016/7/4 15:23
I think you must mean "10 days in Tokyo, and 10 days in Kyoto."

You are not thinking of doing all that as "day trips" from Tokyo or Kyoto, correct?

From Tokyo, you could do the following as day trips: Fuji (assuming Kawaguchi-ko), Nikko, Hakone, Kamakura, but not others

From Kyoto, you could do: Osaka, Kobe, Himeji, Nara, as day trips but not others (at least not recommended)

Taking Shinkansen to Hokkaido can be very time-consuming. COnsider flying too?
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itineraries 2016/7/4 16:12
I concur with ....

Though, if you want to take the train to Hokkaido it is possible. Longer but surely cheaper. Use hyperdia to find how to get around.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itineraries 2016/7/5 17:43
Take shinkansen to Hokkaiko( last day of JR Pass) What will be the weather in April?

Weather in April in Hokkaido? I am sorry to say, it's not so good. I am a Japanese who loves Hokkaido, but April and November are the worst months to go to Hokkaido, although these months are most popular in many places in Japan, for example Kyoto.

In Sapporo in April, for example, snow is almost melting, but some remains as dark wet mass. Sometimes temperature is below 0 C, making icy road. There are no flowers, wind is the strongest.

Of course, there are still beautiful mountains, lakes and sea-coast, but there are better months.

I recommend you to consider Tohoku. Cherry blossoms are blooming later than Tokyo or Kyoto. Weather is warmer than in Hokkaido.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread