Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/4 23:14
Hi Guys,

I have a flight which is scheduled to land at Narita Intl, Japan tomorrow at 8:15PM (Tokyo time). Do you think I will be Able to catch the 8:44PM Train to Takao.
by Chikara Kameshima (guest)  

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/5 09:48
It is too short the time as in general it take 1-1.5 hours before you could get to the train station.
by ElbertPoh rate this post as useful

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/5 09:53
I'd agree. While you might get through in 30 minutes. Many factors go into the equation. 45-90 minutes is a more plausible time frame.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/5 09:55
OK. Thanks Guys.
by Chikara Kameshima (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/6 07:04
30 minutes - with no problem you could get out in 30 minutes, but add a few more to get a ticket and to the platform - I would say "no", too tight. Plus, you might have a normal processing time of 45-60 minutes.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/6 09:24
Even if you were very knowledgeable of the airport layout and had been there numerous times, any little snag (late arrival, arrival gate furthest from immigration, long lines, trouble with luggage, being stopped at customs) could derail your plans.

Under optimal circumstances, 30 minutes is indeed possible with absolutely no distractions whatsoever (no picture taking of the "Welcome to Japan" sign, etc.). It can be done. The best I've done is 45 minutes with a JR Pass in hand, but that was a fluke, I think. Have alternate plans in mind just in case.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/6 12:47
My best was arrived at 2pm. Train platform Before 2:30pm. Doubt it would ever happen again though. But I usually get through immigration within half an hour.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/6 15:07
Depends if you fly into terminal 3 or not. It's a 15-20 minute walk from terminal 2....
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/7 07:00
T3 to T2 is around 800 meters so 8-10 minutes. Depends how fast you walk with luggage.

I have had one arrival to train in 30 minutes. That included arrival at a far gate (the airline I use), but being in the first off the plane and with priority luggage (the benefit of flyer miles), and knowing how to fill out the immigration form and use the ticket machine for my N'Ex ticket all help. (That is maybe once in the last 10 times).

In contrast, when I do pick-ups (frequently), I count on people taking 45-60 minutes to get to the arrivals hall. Longest (without a flight delay) has been 90 minutes, and longest currently is 4 hours (there was a three hour delay for some guests arriving via Singapore). At the other end, some of the flights I meet from the UK arrive up to an hour early.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: How long to go through immigration etc? 2016/7/7 13:32
That's true. What I should have said was that you should allow 15-20 to get to the train station at T2.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread