Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu dilemma in mid july 2016/7/5 11:42
Would like to consult experts.

I am not so worried about earthquakes but only concerned with latest updates of transportation and whether it is worth to go Kumamoto etc.

Anyone happen to have the latest bus time table ?

From Beppu i am taking train to Nobeoka .

as mentioned and suggested in the thread-

Day trip to Kuju ( is it still possible to go ?) any latest bus time table?

next day from Nobeoka take bus to Takachiho gorge then take bus to kumamoto . Any latest time table ?

overnight Kumamoto then next day to kagoshima

OR

Totally skip kumamoto ?

Take a day trip to Takachiho gorge and overnight at Nobeoka .

Next day straight to Kagoshima by train by transfer and extend one more night at Kagoshima . Skip Kumamoto

tried to find the latest timetable coz i read there are new routes- but not very sure as I do not read Japanese.

Thanks for all help rendered!
by droozy  

Re: Kyushu dilemma in mid july 2016/7/5 15:02
I don't see a dilemma. Japan has gone through many earthquakes and they quickly get back onto their feet. The emotional scars may take longer to heal. The Kumamoto earthquake was a long time ago in the scheme of things.

Most of the buses are running as normal. Some are slightly different timetables due to road closures. But that is mainly due to the buses going on detours that add 10-15 minutes.

Kumamoto has the castle inaccessible currently. So you need to decide if the other attractions in Kumamoto still interest you.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu dilemma in mid july 2016/7/5 15:32
Trans Kyushu bus. There is some changes.

http://www.kyusanko.co.jp/sankobus/english/

by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu dilemma in mid july 2016/7/5 23:47
Thanks for your reply.

DO you have bus timetable from Nobeoka to Takachiho gorge ?
by droozy rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu dilemma in mid july 2016/7/5 23:53
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu dilemma in mid july 2016/7/6 00:16
Thanks so much Firas !!

Re: Kyushu dilemma in mid july 2016/7/8 23:58
Can we go Kirishima from Kagoshima by bus as a day trip ? any bus timetable for july ? Thanks so much!

reply to this thread