Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JAL Ticket sales opening 2016/7/5 17:58
Hello all,

I am planning to go to Ishigaki from Osaka on November 8th, returning on November 11th.
When I check on JAL website, there is nothing for those dates so I guess the tickets sales are not yet open.
But what seems strange is that I can already order a JAL Japan Explorer Pass for November (but only from November 9th, no available ticket for the 8th). This is the same for ANA, I can order ANA Experience Japan Fare or standard ANA ticket.
I would prefer to buy a JAL ticket as with Japan Explore Pass I would lose one day and the flying hours for ANA flights are not as convenient as JAL ones.

So my questions are :

- Do you know when JAL will open the sales for November tickets? I already called JAL Europe but they didn't know the answer and I didn't have time yet to call JAL Japan (and I don't know if I can buy ticket via JAL Japan on the phone).

- Based on the first answer, would you recommend to wait for the sales opening or to already buy one of the available tickets and lose 1 day on Ishigaki?

My main concern is that I don't want to miss Ishigaki during my trip and I am afraid to not have any ticket available (or too expensive) if I wait too much.

Thanks in advance for your help.
by Prolls  

Re: JAL Ticket sales opening 2016/7/5 18:27
No and yes. The date will probabke be announced sometime in September or early October.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JAL Ticket sales opening 2016/7/26 22:18
Thanks Firas for your answer and sorry for my late reply.

While waiting for the ticket opening I thought about another solution. The JAL Japan Explorer Pass is not available to Ishigaki on November 8th from Osaka nor Tokyo. But I can do Osaka/Naha and then Naha/Ishigaki at this date. In such a case, I would land at Naha airport at 11 AM and the flight for Ishigaki will take off at 5.30 PM.

There are 3 things that could interest me :
- Shuri castle
- Shikinaen garden
- Shopping in town

Do you think I will have enough time to do 1 or 2 of the 3 above points between the 2 flights? For info, I would have to get my luggages after landing and register them again before taking off.

Thanks in advance for your answer and advices.
by Prolls rate this post as useful

reply to this thread