Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary suggestions 2016/7/6 05:53
Hello!

This year I'm taking my first solo trip and it will be in Japan. I would welcome any suggestion on the itinerary which so far is the following:

27 Aug (arrival) - 4 Sept (Tokyo+Nikko+1day Fuji)

4 Sept - 8 Sept (Kyoto+Nara)

8 Sept - 9 Sept (Koyasan)

10 Sept - Kanazawa (Takayama?)

11 Sept need to go back to Tokyo as I'm leaving early on 12 Sept

So far only Tokyo and Kyoto are certain, the rest could be reshuffled. Is there anything relevant I am missing? Is it too squeezed? Are Osaka or Nagoya worth seeing?

I am not particularly interested in seeing Hiroshima.

Thanks for suggestions and hints!

Valeria
by valeriacipollone (guest)  

Re: Itinerary suggestions 2016/7/6 09:51
Osaka is another big city, there's nothing particularly unique. The only thing I'd suggest would be going there one evening from Kyoto to have dinner in Dotonburi, which always looks great at night with all the lights.

Kanazawa is lovely, I really enjoyed my time there. Highly recommend.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary suggestions 2016/7/6 12:39
I'd agree with a late afternoon/evening at Dotonbori also.

You Itinerary look fine to me. Doesn't look rushed and seems like it has enough time to visit the big sights.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary suggestions 2016/7/6 12:45
Wondering whether you would like to squeeze your plans into 7 days for the 7 Day JR Pass.
E.g.
For good pacing would recommend
Day 1 Kyoto (Arrive from Tokyo late morning: See Kinkakuji, Ryoan-ji, Ninnanji, and Myoshinji)
Day 2 Kyoto (Arashiyama in the morning and afternoon, Domtombori Osaka at evening/night)
Day 3 Kyoto (Eastern Kyoto; From Kiyomizudera to Silver Pavillion ending the day at Gion followed by Fushimi Inari in the dead of night)
Day 4 Nara (You can do Nara in half a day to a full day. If half a day do show some love to Uji.)
Day 5 Free Kyoto day for central or northern Kyoto. Night in Koya San
Day 6 Kanazawa (Kenrokuen, Castle, 21st Century Museum and one or more of the historic districts in the evening)
Day 7 Takayama (Morning market and light stroll around the city) End in Tokyo.
You'll be back in Tokyo on the 10th.

Nikko and Fuji has the Nikko Tobu Pass (2 days good) and the Hakone Free Pass.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary suggestions 2016/7/20 15:19
Thank you all for the suggestions and sorry for the late feedback.

It seems that the route could be a little bit transport intensive (Kyoto-Koya-san 3h?). How much time does it take from Koya-san to Kanazawa?

Thanks for the 7 days pass suggestion, but I was thinking to buy the pass at the end of my days in Tokyo (i.e. 4 Sept), so to fully use it the week ahead.

Thanks again, Valeria
by valeriacipollone (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread