Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/7 18:16
a 3 year humanities work visa, like after that would i be able to sponsor myself since i would own the business?

also any tips on how to start is appreciated.

Thank you!
by donnysf  

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/7 19:05
I thought to "own" and operate your own business, you'd need Business Manager/Investor resident status.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/8 07:05
There are several ways to own/operate a business in Japan where you can sponsor your own visa. Business Manager/Investor is one route, but there are several others. Can you elaborate on your plan?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/8 07:28
There are several options, but they are not necessarily easy. Takes planning, good advice and money. (and time)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/8 16:01
Right, basically none of the options are easy, fast, nor cheap. Just wanted to point out that there are several routes toward business ownership, not just the one mentioned. Which route you choose is completely dependent on your situation.

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/9 08:26
As an additional thought, because I have some of the forms/paper work on my desk at the moment, you need to be able to demonstrate to Immigration you know what you are doing.

In my case it was pretty easy with 30 years commercial experience including start-ups in other countries, a few degrees, and an operating business with a track-record/accounts.

For a fresh grad in humanities, you will need to show an ability to run a business (in Japan) and have the resources to back it up (5M yen is minimum capital, but there are other costs too). Not saying it is impossible, just hard.

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/9 22:20
Thank you this is very helpful!
by donnysf rate this post as useful

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/16 08:34
What are all the ways to own a business and get a visa in Japan?
by darmo rate this post as useful

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/16 09:07
There are two main ways. You have residence already and you start a business. Or you start a business and use that to get a visa. I presume you mean the latter? In that case it depends on how you go about obtaining your business. For example, starting one from scratch has different options to buying an existing business. You could also start one in your home country and open a Japanese office and transfer yourself there. Lots of options, but that sould get you started.

Re: 3 year visa, owning business possible? 2016/7/16 09:29
Of course, having a business in Japan, if you are not resident, you need a Japanese representative (a local for instance).

Depends what you want to do and proving your ability to fund/run the business.

reply to this thread