Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus between Hakone and Kyoto 2016/7/8 21:07
Hi, my husband and I are planning our trip to Japan in August. Will be arriving in Tokyo, then proceed to Hakone, visit Hakone and stay 1 night. After Hakone, will be going to Kyoto. The train between Hakone and kyoto is quite expensive (12.280 yen/each) as we have no JR pass.
I understood the cheapest way to go from Hakone to Kyoto is using a bus line.
I've already checked on http://willerexpress.com/ but I don't find the information (Hakone is not mentioned as departure station).
Can anybody help me with this to compare prices and schedules please ?
Thanks in advance for your response.
by luc and yvette  

Re: help needed bus between Hakone and Kyoto 2016/7/9 12:11
As departure point, try Shizuoka prefecture, then select Mishima. You need to take a bus from Hakone to Mishima first.
Or, if you are using Hakone Free Pass to go to Hakone, you could once return to Tokyo; from Tokyo there may be more options for long-distance buses.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: help needed bus between Hakone and Kyoto 2016/7/9 18:16
Odawara Station
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: help needed bus between Hakone and Kyoto 2016/7/9 18:31
Overnight bus 07-11(Mon) Kamakura, Fujisawa, Odawara - Osaka, Kyoto/Bus number 0001
Totsuka station (21:00 departure)⇒Ofuna station (21:25 departure)⇒Kamakura station (21:50 departure)⇒Fujisawa station (22:20 departure)⇒Odawara station (23:25 departure)Ride overnight:Kyoto station (G3) ((Next day)05:24 arrival)⇒Kosoku Kyotanabe (05:54 arrival)⇒Osaka ekimae (06:34 arrival)⇒Minatomachi BT 2F (06:54 arrival)⇒Nankai Namba parks (07:09 arrival)⇒Nankai Sakai ekimae (07:39 arrival)⇒Nankai Sakaihigashi (07:49 arrival)⇒JR Sakaishi ekimae (07:59 arrival)
3 row separated seat

3 row separated seat
Adults JPY 7,510〜

Dunno about you, but catching a bus at 11:25pm and arriving at 5:24am would be my cup of tea. What to do until 11pm and where to shower and store bags next day.

So on top of 7,510 each, you gotta add some more yen to it for storage and shower cafe rent charges.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread