Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Holiday in Hokkaido, Dec to Jan 2016/7/11 02:08
Hi...
Me and my wife will be travelling to hokkaido the 2nd time this year end. Time to travel is 30th Dec to 14 Jan.

Was wondering what can we do during this period of time. The 1st time we were at hokkaido. We only visited Sapporo and Otaru. This time round time we wanted to try eastern hokkaido but do not know what can we do over there.. This is the place we tentatively planning to go.

Sapporo(new year), Asahikawa(zoo and ramen), Abashiri, Kushiro, Obihiro, Tomamu Resort (for ski) then back to sapporo to stay for a 4 days 3 nights (shopping)

During new year in sapporo, is it hard to get food and transportation? Because we wanted to leave sapporo to asahikawa on 1st jan 2017. If you guys can help me think of some places to visit, that would be nice.
by Hayavin  

Re: Holiday in Hokkaido, Dec to Jan 2016/7/11 17:06
Trains are still running. For food convenience stores and hotels are your best bet.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Holiday in Hokkaido, Dec to Jan 2016/7/11 21:13
Many things tend to be closed for days around the New Year. Be careful you don't find yourself aimlessly walking with no place to eat or shop.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Holiday in Hokkaido, Dec to Jan 2016/7/13 16:05
So the JR trains will still be functioning during new year period?
by Hayavin rate this post as useful

Re: Holiday in Hokkaido, Dec to Jan 2016/7/13 16:09
As mentioned, yes. unless there was and is currently a heavy snow storm, blizzard, or hail storm. then everything including flights are out.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread