Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which Language School should I choose? 2016/7/12 12:28
For 2 years now I have been trying to choose a language school that I feel would be right for me, even now I'm still having trouble choosing one. So I need your help guys.

I'm going with Go Go Nihon to help me of course come to Japan so I have talked to them before and they recommend me ISI, Intercultural Institute, or Yoshida Institute. For the past 2 years as well I have been looking at Arc Academy so I'm pretty lost right now in which school I want to pick. Note I am planning on going this coming April and doing it for 2 years. I would like to live in Tokyo or Osaka and willing to live in Kyoto but that's my third choice.

So I looked at the 4 schools that Go Go Nihon recommend me and Arc Academy and here is the list of what the schools offer

Arc Academy -
School Intensity: Medium ( 3 out of 5 Difficulty)
*Incredible Staff Support - From personal consultation in regards to study and elective choices, the school provides above and beyond support in regards to employment. Specific counseling is offered to the student even after their language studies.
Work: Full Time and Part Time Support
Other Course Elections: JLPT Prep Elective Classes
Price: \1,540,000 In total
Note: The total tuition cost includes tuition, staff guidance, as well as some activities. For long-term students (6 months or longer), this also includes student insurance. Material fees are not included and must be purchased separately.

Intercultural Institute -
*Most Flexible Option - With a variety of levels and elective courses, this school offers the most choices for Japanese study. Ranging from JLPT and EJU preparation, to business Japanese and cultural study, Intercultural Institute is the right school for whatever your goals are.
Work: Full Time and Part Time Support
Other Course Features: Business Japanese Class, Higher Education Prep, JLPT Prep Elective Classes
Price: \1,620,000 in total

ISI -
School Intensity: Medium to High (4 out of 5 Difficulty)
*Courses that Fit your needs: ISI offers a wide range of elective courses, plus specialized courses, such as, a top university preparatory course. Youfll be able to get the education that you need in order to prepare for your future in Japan.
Work: Part Time Support
Other Course Features: Business Japanese Class, Conversation Classes, JLPT Prep Elective Classes
Price: \1,496,000 in total

Yoshida Institute -
*Close to Waseda University: his all-around balanced school is located very close to the prestigious Waseda University. Although not directly connected, students are able to use the common areas of the university, plus the cafeteria. Youfll also have the chance to join some on campus organizations!
Work: N/A
Other Course Features: JLPT Prep Elective Classes
Price: \1,440,000 in total
Note: The total course costs in these charts includes class time, staff guidance and textbooks, even for short-term students. For long-term students (6 months or more), it also includes extended student insurance and school activities.

Here's a list now of what School I like more in the certain criteria...

School Intensity: Arc Academy, Intercultural Institute, Yoshida Institute
*: All of them really, I think it's a tie between Intercultural Institute and Yoshida Insititute, (ISI would also be in here but I'm not sure if I will be staying in Japan after the 2 year course as of right now, it really depends on what happens)
Work: Arc Academy, Intercultural Institute (Does Yoshida not help you?)
Location: Arc Academy, Intercultural Institute, Yoshida Institute (Being around Waseda and the fact that you are not really part of the school but can still use some of the school is a huge plus)
Other Course Features: Intercultural Institute, ISI
Price: Yoshida Institute

So now I will post how many times a school has been mentioned and see which comes in top to least...

1. Intercultural Institute (5 out of 6)
2. Yoshida Institute (4 out of 6)
3. Arc Academy (3 out of 6)
4. ISI (1 out of 6)

Alright so I am really feeling both Intercultural and Yoshida but I'm still stuck, can someone who went/goes to those schools or any other school give me their opinion/thoughts?

That would be fantastic! And please list other schools too that you recommend, thanks!
by Melging  

Re: Which Language School should I choose? 2016/7/13 00:13
Seems you've already done all the research to decide?

I cannot give experiance on those schools, but I would add Kansai College to the list. I think it would get a 5/6 on in your criteria.
by NihonMaybe rate this post as useful

Re: Which Language School should I choose? 2016/8/6 04:26
Hi!
I'm also planning on going to Japan in April 2017 (for one or two years) and I had trouble for one and a half year to choose school. I've been talking with GoGoNihon and another company that arranges language trips to Japan but I've decided to go with GoGoNihon.
The school I'm currently looking at and almost decided to go to is ISI language school in Tokyo... The other school I'm still interested in is Yoshida Institute. The only negative thing I've heard about Yoshida is that the classrooms can be a bit rundown but yeah, that's not really a problem for me.

Have you decided on which school you're going to apply to? When are you starting your application process? :)
/Sandra
by Sandra (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Language School should I choose? 2016/11/18 11:00
@Sandra

Hey I literally just saw this post, I'm sorry for the really late reply. I decided to move it to July 2017 to just get some extra money but I am still deciding between Intercultural Institute and Yoshida.

Are you still planning on going in April? And if so how was the application process?
by Melging rate this post as useful

reply to this thread