Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Unuma Station to Unuma Station 2016/7/13 01:19
Hi. Has anyone here tried to transfer from Shin-Unuma station of Meitetsu to Unuma station of JR? I just found that the price of getting off to Shin-Unuma is the same as getting off at Meitetsu Gifu station. Reason of hopping off at Shin-Unuma is to catch the JR Takayama Line from Unuma at 22:05 (as per Hyperdia) to via Minoota with no change in train and will arrive in Takayama at 00:24. The same train will come from Gifu station of JR at 21:40.

I have searched thru google that Shin-Unuma is 270 meters away to Unuma Station whereas Meitetsu Gifu is 550 meters away to Gifu Station. Will the Shin-Unuma station to Unuma station be an easy transfer?
by stikiting  

Re: Shin-Unuma Station to Unuma Station 2016/7/13 18:11
Yes, no problem, there is a walkway between them.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Unuma Station to Unuma Station 2016/7/13 22:39
I have some tips about transferring at Shin-Unuma and Unuma stations.
It's true that both stations are connected with walkway, however you'd better consider at least 10 minutes for transferring to JR Takayama Line. So, you may take a rapid express leaving Meitetsu Nagoya at 21:22 and arriving at Shin-Unuma at 21:52.
And also, there's no station staff at that time of your departure at Unuma station.
I don't know if you have JR pass or not, but you can purchase a ticket for Takayama on the train for Takayama.

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Unuma Station to Unuma Station 2016/7/14 00:53
Yes, no problem, there is a walkway between them.

It's true that both stations are connected with walkway

Thanks Firas and Hirohiroboy for pointing this out. I was just reviewing the station map of Shin-Unuma. Please clarify if it is in street level or a walkway beneath the street (an underpass).

And also, there's no station staff at that time of your departure at Unuma station.
I don't know if you have JR pass or not, but you can purchase a ticket for Takayama on the train for Takayama.

Shocks! Why I haven't thought of this scenario! I don't have any pass in this travel to Takayama. Regarding the timing, I do appreciate Hirohiroboy the most feasible time given the 10-minute leeway. So Unuma Station is like an old world train station where I can hop in and pay the ticket at the roaming conductor/ticket master? WOOOOOW! I feel like I am being a child again!

I forgot to mention that I will be arriving Centrair on friday night, 11.18 around 19:00 pm. Meitetsu Nagoya, Kanayama and Jingu-mae by far are the friendliest stations based on what I see going to Shin-Unuma.

Including the arrival procedures (I hope it's within the 15-30 minutes as advertised as I get down from the airplane), as per Hyperdia I can catch the 19:36 Mu-Sky going to Shin-Unuma. However, the few hundred yens I'll save is by far most catching to me (JPY 1,700 Mu-Sky vs. JPY 1,340 with 1 transfer).

Via Kanayama, Meitetsu Ltd Exp (non-reserved seat) will leave Centrair at 19:44 then will arrive Shin-Unuma at 21:06. Another will be leaving Centrair at 19:52 Semi-Exp for Shin Kani as Tokoname Line but when it gets to Jingu-mae (with me riding the same train as stated by Hyperdia) it will change as Inuyama Line. This I am not sure what platform will the train arrive and leave for Shin-Unuma as the Meitetsu Guide Map for Inuyama didn't specify which is for arrival and for other way. Another at 19:59 via Otagawa with change of name of train in Jingu-mae which I believe will let me transfer from 2nd to 3rd floor (I am not even sure).

I am still checking for an inquiry portion of Meitetsu Nagoya Railroad English website. Or I just better ask the ticket center when I get to Centrair.

Thanks for feedback. Regards!
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Shin-Unuma Station to Unuma Station 2016/7/14 20:10
This is in response to your inquiries.
Regarding the walkway, you have to walk underpass at Shin-Unuma station and after passing the ticket gate, there is escalator/stairs to climb up to the pedestrian deck at Unuma station.
I checked timetable of Meitetsu Line and I found some discrepancies with your post.
In case of 19:44 Limited Express, you have to change train at Otagawa station to the Express bound for Shin-Unuma .
Semi-Express bound for Shin-Kani departing at Centrair at 19:52 arrives at Inuyama at 21:16. Change trains there for Shin-Unuma departing at 21:19. You can reach Shin-Unuma at 21:22.
It's easy to transfer at Inuyama Station which is small and not too crowded.
There's no train departing at 19:59 at Centrair.
In view of the above, I recommend the train of 19:52 departure on the condition that you can pass immigration in time at Centrair.

Re: Shin-Unuma Station to Unuma Station 2016/7/14 21:46
Yes I saw the 17:44 ride with transfer at Otagawa. See I was relying with Hyperdia but it gave me those other times than Meitetsu times published on their website. I also think that that 19:52 train to Inuyama is also most feasible. I really just hope Inuyama station will be that easy given that 3-minute window.

I do appreciate your time giving feedback! Kudos!

Re: Shin-Unuma Station to Unuma Station 2016/7/15 08:09
You don' to have to worry about transferring at Inuyama.
You may catch next train leaving at 21:22 in case of missing the scheduled one.
Have a nice trip in Takayama!

Re: Shin-Unuma Station to Unuma Station 2016/7/15 21:28
Thanks a lot!

reply to this thread