Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is Genko-an Temple already open? 2016/7/15 08:50
Would anyone know if Genko-an Temple is already open for tourists?

I read a blog that said that it is closed but it did not mention when it was closed or when it will be re-opened. The blog post also did not have a date so I have no further reference. On another note, a review in Trip Advisor was posted sometime March 2016 and it gave comments about the temple. So I am a bit unsure whether this temple is open or closed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)
by 3ggi3pot  

Re: Is Genko-an Temple already open? 2016/7/15 19:43
visited Genko-an several times, the last one - last November.
Never been closed - if you come during working hours though)))
In the Internet you can always find blogs when the author come to a sight at, say, 6 p.m. and says it is closed)) No wonder!
the phone number is +81 75-492-1858
by agspb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is Genko-an Temple already open? 2016/7/17 21:59
The comments from March 2016 in English do not say it was closed. It says they went "not long after opening". Neither does the Japanese comment from May. The temple's hours are daily and regular, so it will not be closed unless there is renovation that we are unaware of.

Two of the three English reviews say photography is prohibited ("except by professionals" according to one), but I took many pictures along with everyone else inside when I went a few years ago during the autumn season, so although it's possible they have a new policy, it wasn't my experience.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

reply to this thread