Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toji Temple Flea Market? 2016/7/17 22:14
Is this market worth it? Are the prices low/the items of decent quality?

I'll be leaving Japan on 8/21, but I can either get a 6pm or 6am flight from KIX. If I take the evening flight, I'll be able to visit Toji market. If I take the morning flight, I'll have an 8 hour layover in Haneda then transfer to Narita, so I'll have another day to shop at Tokyo Station.

I've only experienced disappointing flea markets here in the US so I'm not sure if this would be worth it.

Thanks~!
by sehrgomen  

Re: Toji Temple Flea Market? 2016/7/21 17:09
Are you planning to buy anything specifically, or just want to have a look?

Went in Nov last year. There were people selling household items, used kimonos, toys, antiques, paintings and some rather quirky objects. Also plenty of ceramics, woodworks, glassware and other odds and ends.

I didn't have any specific things to buy, but I spent around 2 hours just browsing and taking pix. Interesting experience for me.
by AntoniA (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toji Temple Flea Market? 2016/7/21 17:51
Is this market worth it? Are the prices low/the items of decent quality?

It's one of the largest in Japan, so if you like flea markets it's probably worth a look. The items generally tend to be of high quality, but you'll have to look hard for bargains as the prices also tend to be on the high side due to the amount of foot traffic they get. I would expect them to be on par with Tokyo and other large urban area flea markets.

On a side note, I've been to about a dozen flea markets in Japan. Toji was one of my favorites due to the size and variety of sellers, but it was also the most touristy. You may or may not like that depending on the type of flea market shopper you are.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread