Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 10:41
We will travel from Kansai International Airport to Osaka and intend to stay there for 2 nights. On 2nd day, we would like to visit mount Koya. 3rd day, we will continue our journey to Hiroshima & Miyajima.
So where is a better location in Osaka to put up the 2 nights so that

we are in a more convenient way to travel to Mount Koya and Hiroshima. From Kansai airport, most likely we use Icoca & Haruka Card and to Hiroshima, we will use 7D JR Pass. Thank you for your advice.
by PS (guest)  

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 11:40
There sin't gonna be one perfect option. Hiroshima is accessed from the north part of Osaka, and Koyasan is accessed from the south part.

Anywhere on the Osaka Loop Line will work. Umeda, Namba, Tennoji for example. But also anywhere in between because the subway system will allow you easy access to anywhere.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 11:51
anywhere except for Shin-Imamiya and Tsuruhashi areas.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 11:57
Why not those places Ken? Is there a juicy backstory?
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 13:12
I'd stay at Nara which is infinitely nicer and only about 35 minutes away from Osaka
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 13:44
Somehow I preferred Tennoji which is 30 minutes from the airport with no transfer needed and the Hotel is across the station make it very easy to do day trip. The Hotel has big room size (27m2). I had stayed at that Hotel twice and some other place as well but like the Tennoji Hotel much. Will stay the same Hotel again for my next visit.
by ElbertPoh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 14:46
I remember the last year we went to Japan, my colleague before booked us at a hotel in Shin-Imamiya. The moment we stepped out of Dobutsuen-mae Station, we bumped into a policeman and said in fluent English, "This (Shin-Imamiya) is the worst district in whole of Osaka. Why are you staying here?" and he goes on saying to always look out for our belongings then ended saying "Enjoy your stay in Japan."

We just came from KIX tired and hungry so we shook off that warning. We're glad we did because we really felt safe there! It's rather a quiet neighborhood. Lesser crowd especially in the morning and more drunken old men at night until wee hours! Hahaha! Every time we went back at the hotel, it's always a laugh trip experience (peeing fronting us, verbal fights and the like). As what I see from reviews of other people to some hotels around Shin-Imamiya, those hotels even put warning glaring in your eyes the moment you arrived at their lobby to take double care of your belongings because stealing is rampant in the area up until your room. We even left our luggage in the hotel as we checked out and tour around the city for the last time before flying out. Nothing happened honestly in 1-week stay in Shin-Imamiya so I should say it's safe!

However, if you are having bias about how wealthy Japan is, then Shin-Imamiya is the epitome that Japan is not poverty-proof. Yes, many are sleeping around the tram area and it's smelly but they're quiet. Many are old people who are homeless. God forbid but if they do have children, it's rather shocking that the children have a heart to have forsaken the people that gave the best care for them.

I can't really speak about other places in Osaka. Tennoji is 10-minute walk from Shin-Imamiya (or at least from my hotel rather) and is more progressive I must say. If one is looking for a place that is closest or in the middle of KIX and Osaka, Kyoto or Nara, Tennoji or Shin-Imamiya will do. Shin-Imamiya is way more inexpensive than Tennoji though.
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 15:00
You may refer in this website how to get to Koyasan.

http://www.nankaikoya.jp/en/stations/shinimamiya.html
by stikiting rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/19 15:01
I say Tennoji because
1. Direct trains from airport
2. Direct train to the shinkansen station to go to Hiroshima
3. Direct train to Imamiya to go to Mt Koya.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/7/20 12:18
I staid at a J-Hoppers which is a 2 minute walk from the Fukushima station on the 'Osaka Loop'. It was one stop over from the Osaka station which connects to Shin-Osaka and the Shinkansen. Great hostel and the manager is an older Japanese man who is a blast to hang out with. Aside from the PCs being older than dirt it was good value.

I'd honestly suggest if you have the time (and money) to spend the night at a temple in Koyasan. It can be a little expensive, but 100% worth it in my book. I did that a week ago and was extremely satisfied.
by alex (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where is the better place to stay in Osaka? 2016/8/15 21:21
Check this airbnb home https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13067436
by Aor (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread