Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kinugawa Onsen Question 2016/7/21 14:13
Hi all,

I'm visiting Tokyo for 4 full days in October and want to combine a Nikko trip with an overnight stay in Kinugawa Onsen. I have the following plan.

Day 1 - Arrive in Narita at 8:30 pm, stay near Narita
Day 2 - Narita to Asakusa (get the Nikko 2 day pass)
Asakusa to Nikko/Kinugawa Onsen

Will the onsen hotel let me store my luggage before check-in? I plan on dropping off my luggage and tour Nikko.

by DavidWeb (guest)  

Re: Kinugawa Onsen Question 2016/7/21 16:58
Well it depends on the hotel.
So far, all the lodging in Japan where I asked for luggage storage my wish for accommodated. Though some of the places didn't exactly have a designated storage area and placed them at the back office.

Which hotel are you staying at? I would expect an onsen hotel to be slightly more expensive than the usual and would have luggage storage services as an add on.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen Question 2016/7/21 17:02
I don't know how early you want to start from Asakusa, but since there is a train travel between Kinugawa Onsen and Nikko, I would go straight to Tobu Nikko and use coin locker or luggage storage service there until the evening. I mean, if your whole trip is 4 days, I assume you don't have a huge piece of luggage?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen Question 2016/7/21 18:07
Will the onsen hotel let me store my luggage before check-in? I plan on dropping off my luggage and tour Nikko.

All hotels will hold luggage before check-in. Better hotels will let you pre-check in and may even store your luggage in the room for when you arrive.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen Question 2016/7/21 18:41
Where you can't find a deposit, you can place it in the back office.
http://1030am.com/brands/whoo.html

by herasnp rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen Question 2016/7/21 18:46
Where you can't find a deposit, you can place it in the back office.
http://1030am.com/brands/whoo.html

by herasnp rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen Question 2016/7/21 23:31
Hi all,

Thank you for your responses. I plan on staying at the Kinugawa Sunshine Hotel. We are a family of 3, so we have 3 big luggages.
by DavidWeb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kinugawa Onsen Question 2016/7/22 01:45

Kinugawa Sunshine is a nice Hotel. We stayed there April this year. No problem leaving your luggage with the reception, but you'd be wasting your valuable time. You could easily spend 2 hours just to leave your luggage at the hotel and come back to Nikko.
If I were you, I would just use coin lockers at the station, and spend your time in Nikko before heading for your hotel.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread