Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shima Onsen izakayas? 2016/7/22 10:40
Hello,

In September of this year, I am traveling to Shima Onsen in a group of five people, which I think is also known as Nakanojo-machi.

At night time, we would like to eat dinner and have a drink in the town, rather than eating dinner at the ryokan.

Is there a izakaya-style restaurant in Shima Onsen that is like to be open on a Friday night?

Or, is the a bar in the town?

Thanks!
by Patrick (guest)  

Re: Shima Onsen izakayas? 2016/7/23 09:32
I checked relevant website and found below:
http://www.zizakenoyado.com/

This Ryokan is running Izakaya in the town.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Shima Onsen izakayas? 2016/7/23 11:34
This Ryokan is running Izakaya in the town.

I checked their site and they are running Minshuku (family-run small inexpensive ryokan) and liquor shop, not Izakaya. You can stay there and have dinner, but can't eat without staying, I guess. There are two reviews in Tabelog which indicate the reviewers stayed there and enjoyed dinner.

To the OP: I think there are actually no Izakaya style restaurants in Shima onsen. The ryokans and minshukus there serves dinner, and there should be no needs for Izakayas. There might be some restaurants within ryokans which accept non-staying guest, but they may request you to reserve the dinner beforehand.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Shima Onsen izakayas? 2016/7/23 14:06
There is a atmospheric little alley, the Ochiai Dori, with a few restaurants:
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/@36.6864544,138.7751038,3a,75y,273.59h,8...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shima Onsen izakayas? 2016/7/23 14:07
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shima Onsen izakayas? 2016/7/23 16:55
Thank you all very much for your help..
by Patrick (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread