Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lost my phone while in Tokyo 2 days ago 2016/7/23 00:05
I was in Japan for 3 wonderful weeks the best trip ever with my husband and almost 2 year old daughter. I cannot stress how wonderful the people, culture and places were!! BUT on my last day, four hours before my departure flight (July, Wedenesday 20 between 5 and 6 pm) I lost my Iphone 6 plus. I am heartbroken. All the pictures of my trip where in it and my phone wasnt backed up so I cannot recover them.
What can I do about it now that I am in the states?

Please help

Thanks
by leclaudy  

Re: Lost my phone while in Tokyo 2 days ago 2016/7/23 14:33
Where is it likely that you lost it, I mean, on a train, in a shop, at a hotel, etc.? Depending on where it might have been, you could contact either the train lost & found, or the shop, etc., and report the loss to the police nearby, as found items are often reported (or held temporarily at a train station then later reported) to the police.

If you are back in the States already (you didn't report it anywhere before you left?), you might have to find someone in Japan, or at least someone who speaks Japanese, to act on your behalf.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost my phone while in Tokyo 2 days ago 2016/7/23 14:37
I'm not sue It could have been on the street close to Takeshita street or Left behind in a taxi after I rode frok Kiddy Land in Harujuu to Shibuya. I am not onger in Japan ;( I will try to call the poilce . :(
by leclaudy rate this post as useful

Re: Lost my phone while in Tokyo 2 days ago 2016/7/23 19:49
What about the find my phone GPS thing?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost my phone while in Tokyo 2 days ago 2016/7/24 19:56
i would give you some advices that might help you :
first , you should remember the place where you might dropped your phone , train station or hotel or .. , japanese people tend to give wasted things to police stations ,so you might try to contact the police station and provide them with your iPHONE "imei info ", you will find the imei in the box of your phone , they will find it for you

if this thing doesn't work , you have to report that your phone has been stolen , in this case if anybody used that phone ,the location would be automatically reported to the telecom company
but i suggest to not rush , try with the first solution and give it time !

by mouad (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost my phone while in Tokyo 2 days ago 2016/7/25 09:07
I would call the Harajuku Police Station. They are not far from Takashita dori.
Their phone number is +81 3 34080110.
If you have a friend who can speak Japanese, it would certainly help, but even if not, just speak slowly, ask if they have someone who speaks English. Explain what the phone is like, and where you might have lost it. Can you remember the taxi company you rode in? if so call them also.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lost my phone in Tokyo on the 20th of July 2016/7/25 20:23
The police in Tokyo may not yet know about your lost mobile phone.
It takes a few days or maybe around 10 days after a large taxi or railroad company in Japan receives found objects until the company brings them to a police station and makes legal notification.

I recommend you keep secret (from the public) a few features of your lost mobile phone such as the color of its body and the type of its cover, so that a police officer can believe you are the holder when it is found and you ask to take it back.
There may be other iPhones (looking similar to yours) which got lost or get found on or around the same day in the same and nearby areas.

Anyway, it sounds better for you to wait for several more days.
I hope you will hear good news.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread