Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

walk in to backpacker hostel? 2016/7/25 10:45
i will be going to kyoto in september. i have already book hostel for 4 nights.
but due to my tix problem, i might have to spend 2 more nights in japan.

can i walk in to any backpacker hostel there? or do i have to make reservation first?

from my findings, september is not peak a season for kyoto.
by w@ (guest)  

Re: walk in to backpacker hostel? 2016/7/25 11:22
It's always better to book ahead, particularly if you have budget constraints. Inexpensive, nice hostels or hotels do book out.
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: walk in to backpacker hostel? 2016/7/27 06:06
Hi,

Do i have to make reservation first?

I was in Kyoto in October last year. On my way to our hostel we watch a couple on bikes going in and out of hostels (2 hostel's that we saw). We were there for sports day weekend, so most places were booked up. They carried a map showing the locations of the city's hostels. Out front of most of the low end hotels and hostels there were no vacancy signs as well.
As long as it is not a holiday weekend you should be able to find a hostel. Just be prepared to make a few calls or to do some foot work if your first few choices are full.

can i walk in to any backpacker hostel there?

Yes, you can always walk into a hostel and see if there is any room / vacancy.

Reservation are nice and guarantee you a space, but if you are ok with figuring it out as you go or/and losing site seeing time if you have too really look for a place
by Ksm (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread