Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Jobs in Japan for Foreigners? 2016/7/25 13:15
I am coming to Japan to go to a Language School this coming April and I was wondering about jobs, I know I can only work at maximum 28 hours a week and I was wondering what kinda jobs can I do with little Japanese ability? (at the start of it at least)

I know a lot of foreigners become English teachers but I don't have a bachelor degree but I do know about the TESL course and I can finish that before April but I'm pretty sure I would still need the degree, right?

Thanks!
by Melging  

Re: Jobs in Japan for Foreigners? 2016/7/25 14:00
Since you will be on "student" resident status (I assume), you don't need the bachelor's degree; the degree is an immigration requirement for a visa. So if any English language school is willing to hire you part-time, you could teach.

I know some Japanese language students who work in restaurants or convenience stores, where routine, set phrases are needed (but at least you'd need to be able to converse with the store manager).
by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs in Japan for Foreigners? 2016/7/26 10:16
Oh alright, should I still get the TESL diploma?
by Melging rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs in Japan for Foreigners? 2016/7/27 22:26
I think so.
by lama1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs in Japan for Foreigners? 2016/7/28 19:41
Off topic, but could you tell me more about the language courses you're taking? Or a link
by Retro Reactive rate this post as useful

Re: Jobs in Japan for Foreigners? 2016/7/29 09:02
by Melging rate this post as useful

reply to this thread