Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Trip in January for 8 Days 7 Nights 2016/7/25 16:00
Dear Sir,

Kindly advise if its possible for us to travel to 3 places in such short days. We have 4 pax and would like to tour Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto in 8 days 7 nights.

Our trip date: 27/1/17 22:00 arrival Tokyo
Leaving date: 3/2/17 00:05 leaving Tokyo

- any way to travel in budget i.e by train, coaches etc
- food to eat
-places to visit
-budget places to stay
-hot spring places for a dip
-any special suggestion as we are adventurous!!!

Awaiting for your kind favorable reply.

Thanks & regards
by Irene Chong (guest)  

Re: Japan Trip in January for 8 Days 7 Nights 2016/7/25 16:54
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2400_tokyo_6.html

This is a suggested itinerary for 7 nights 8 days, assuming using Narita; from the flight times I am guessing you will be flying in/out of Haneda. Seeing that you arrive late at night and are leaving at midnight on the 8th day, you don't have that much time...it is like you don't have days 1 and 7 from this suggested itinerary.

I might suggest you stay within the greater Tokyo area and visit places like Nikko and Kamakura as day trips. If you "must" go to Kansai area, I would suggest just visiting Kyoto at most. You would need to decide which area (Tokyo vs. Kyoto) you want to focus on.

by ....... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip in January for 8 Days 7 Nights 2016/7/25 17:11
As mentioned above, you have effectively, days 28 to 2.
7 days.
First thing is how are you going to get from Tokyo Airport to Tokyo. You would probably not have any trains at that time.

Cheapest way to travel, efficiently, would be to use coaches (overnight) and trains.

As for whether they is sufficient time, there is certainly not enough time to see it all. Though, to get a feel of each region, 3 days in Tokyo and 4 days in Kyoto sounds good enough. Since Osaka is a major city like Tokyo, you could skip that. At most, spend a night or half a day here.

For hot springs, these are usually away from cities due to obvious reasons. I would recommend going to Shirahama or Arima onsens in the Kansai region. You do not have much time thus, i would not recommend spending much time here. Perhaps a nice night out at a ryokan in one of the two places would be sufficient.

As for places to stay in a budget there are plenty. Hostels are the usual for backpackers. Something somewhat better would be the business hotel chains like Toyoki inn.

For food and attractions: These are up to you. This website is not just a forum but also a guide. Guides are meant to guide you not decide for you. I will however suggest to look at the day itineraries for Tokyo and Kyoto.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip in January for 8 Days 7 Nights 2016/7/25 17:33
I don't think you have long enough to visit all three cities. I'd stick to just the Tokyo area.

You can find the answers to most of your questions on this website, particularly the "places to visit". I don't like it when people ask this question, because it shows a lack of research - why have you booked a trip to Japan without knowing what you want to see in the country? :) I find I enjoy a holiday a lot more when I have planned what I want to see, rather than doing what others say I should.

This website is very informative; if you go to the Tokyo page it will give you lots of ideas for what to do in Tokyo! If you do decide to stay in the Tokyo area the whole time (and that will be a LOT cheaper than travelling all the way to Kyoto), consider taking a day trip or two outside of the city. Kamakura is often called a mini-Kyoto, and might be a good alternative.

As for hot springs, there is a hot springs theme park in Odaiba in Tokyo. You could also consider staying at a ryokan overnight in the Mt. Fuji area.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip in January for 8 Days 7 Nights 2016/7/25 17:41
Agreed. with only 7 days, I'd stay in Tokyo and do side trips. MAybe a night in Hakone for the onsen experience. for other ideas of what to do, click up the top where it says destinations.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip in January for 8 Days 7 Nights 2016/7/25 22:36
Dear All,

Thanks for the advise. It was a last minute decision as friend from US and UK are meeting up there.

Maybe 2 days in Tokyo and the rest in Kyoto. Cheerios!!!
by Irene (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread