Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice for 2 days Kyoto Itinerary 2016/7/27 17:00
Hi, I need some advice on my November trip itinerary. We will be starting our journey from Osaka.
Is it feasible? Any recommendations?
Transport wise, will the bus take me to all places for day 1?

Day 1:
Fushimi Inari (most likely not climbing up to the top)
Philosopher's Path (optional)
Kiyomizudera (i was hoping to stay there till illumination time or return back here after Gion)
Higashiyama District
Gion / Yasaka Shrine / Kamo River (it's all in Gion district right?)

Day 2:
Nara Deer Park / Todaiji Temple (probably be done in 3hrs)
Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
Gioji Temple

Thanks!!
by ssohmq  

Re: Advice for 2 days Kyoto Itinerary 2016/7/27 18:25
I had been to Japan once and when i was there i had choose to travel with bus coz i could see the beautiful scenery and landscape.
So i suggest to go for bus.
by basanta rate this post as useful

Re: Advice for 2 days Kyoto Itinerary 2016/7/27 19:03
No to buses. Very slow option of transport in Kyoto.

Fishimi Inari and Kiyomizudera areas are connected by direct train for example.

Both days are very rushed. I'm doubtful you could do it all as planned unless you move like lightning.

IF you did Fishimi Irani at 7am arrival, then off to Kiyomizudera/Higashiyama area, then onto Gion in late afternoon+evening, that day one might work.

Nara and Arashiyama are so far apart. You are really gonna need to cut corners to make it work.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice for 2 days Kyoto Itinerary 2016/7/27 19:12
What hakata said one day one.
I disagree on what Hakata said about day two.

If the below are all you are doing it is very doable. If you want to see more of Arashiyama (as you should) and more of Nara (debatable) then you wouldn't have time. But just these are perfectly fine.
Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
Gioji Temple
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Advice for 2 days Kyoto Itinerary 2016/7/27 19:51
Day 1
Fushimi Inari (most likely not climbing up to the top)
Philosopher's Path (optional)
Kiyomizudera (i was hoping to stay there till illumination time or return back here after Gion)
Higashiyama District
Gion / Yasaka Shrine / Kamo River (it's all in Gion district right?)

Start early and you should be able to do Fushimi, Kiyomizu, Higashiyama, Gion, Yasaka Shrine and the Kamo River. Then maybe do Philosopher's Path if you have time.

Train Osaka to Fushimi Inari, then train Fushimi to Kiyomizu (Keihan Line NOT JR). Keep in mind Kiyomizu-Gojo station is quite far from the temple itself (about 20 mins).

From Kiyomizu it is best to walk through Higashiyama to Yasaka Shrine. Then turn down Shijo and walk to Gion. From Gion you can go to the river. Depending on how much time you have, I'd then take a taxi to the Philosophers Path (probably starting around Eikando so you don't spend too much money on the taxi).

Day 2:
Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
Gioji Temple

Doable but rushed because Arashiyama is about 2 hours away from Nara. Also may I ask why Gioji? It's pretty small and nondescript, and wouldn't exactly be my first choice if I only visited one temple in Arashiyama. For example, Tenryuji's garden is bigger and nicer and has quite a bit of moss too tucked away on the hillside. Plus it's right next to the bamboo groves.

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread