Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Want to work in Japan but has problems 2016/7/29 00:24
Basically my plan is the following

Get a TESOL/TEFL certificate from a respectable institution
Graduate from my Associate Degree.
Get on field experience for 6 months.

But i keep hearing that they only accept Bachelors degree? Is there anyway to bypass that?

I only have 6 years of experience teaching Highschool, Middle school and elementary students(History, language and science) and 1 year experience teaching college students(Programming).
by Maxxus0923  

Re: Want to work in Japan but has problems 2016/7/29 12:01
You saw you've got teaching experience; do you have a degree in teaching?

Unfortunately associate degrees are not equivalent to bachelor degrees, as there is less study involved. Either continue studying to get a bachelor degree, or find a company willing to sponsor you for a visa without a degree.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to work in Japan but has problems 2016/7/29 12:02
The requirement from Immigration for English teaching job is either a bachelor's degree or 3 or more years of experience teaching English. So when you say teaching high school, middle school and elementary school, was that teaching English?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to work in Japan but has problems 2016/7/29 12:53
Adding on to the last comment: "teaching English" means teaching it as a foreign language, not to people who already know English (i.e. as a literature-type course).
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Want to work in Japan but has problems 2016/7/29 13:00
i see, i'll really need a bachelors degree for this
by Maxxus0923 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread