Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/18 18:28
hi guys,
we'll be traveling to tokyo on Dec 26 . will go to sapporo and Hokkaido as well. The initial plan was to use JR pass. once we found out the travel distance by train to Sapporo around 8.5 hours, we started looking for cheap airlines ticket just for the Tokyo Sapporo jurney.
i found Peach air offer one way ticket @15890 yen. i could't get the Airdo because they will open the fare 2 months prior (under welcome to hokkaido fare advertised for 8800 yen one way )
the trip will be Tokyo Sapporo Hokkaido Tokyo. will use train from Sapporo to Hokkaido(stay for 2 night) and Hokkaido tokyo.
my question is : can we get cheap fares on Dec 28 and can we get train seat on Dec 28 if we decided to use shinkansen to Hokkaido n Sapporo?

thx and regards
by bud (guest)  

Re: tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/19 12:23

i found Peach air offer one way ticket @15890 yen.

Unsure about your date, but Peach is not normally that expensive.

http://www.flypeach.com/pc/en/lm/st/schedules/w16_schedule?www_pc_en-u...
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/19 12:30

Looks like you will be travelling in one of those "expensive day".
If you could schedule your Sapporo flight either on 26th or 27th Dec , the saving will still be there.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/19 13:30
You keep saying Hokkaido but do you mean Hakodate? Hokkaido is the north island. Hakodate is a city in the south of Hokkaido.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/19 13:44
thx for the responses.
indeed it is peak holiday season everywhere.
will it be difficult to get train seat during those period? i will definitely buy JR pass. i believe we can do seat reservation, but can we do it from overseas? when can we start do the seat reservation for shinkansen Tokyo Hakodate?
by bud (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/19 19:15

If you are travelling as far as Sapporo only, you may want to consider the JR East-South Hokkaido Rail Pass : http://www.jreasthokkaido.com/e/
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/20 06:53
I have done the Tokyo - Hakodate - Noboribetsu - Sapporo trip using a JR Rail Pass. I just wanted to add that it was a delightful (but long) journey watching the scenery change. Unless you are really looking to save time I would highly recommend it.
by sjvacc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/22 19:01
where you from? if you are not japanese, try JAL explore pass. I buy ticket in dec from kansai to chitose for only 10.800 Yen.
by harry s (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo to sapporo in Dec 2016/8/31 17:00
thx guys, i finally get the ANA experience Japan fare ticket @10,800 Yen per sector. I bought Tokyo - Hakodate for Dec 28 , and Sapporo Tokyo for Jan 3.
from Hakodate to Sapporo we just take train.
by bud (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread