Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokone free pass 2016/8/18 23:13
Hello

I have two question.
first is related with Hokone free pass. Is it possible for a one day?
In your web page it is indicated for 2 or 3 days.
Second, Can I buy from the Kawasaki JR station?

Thank you very much.

by Ulku Akin (guest)  

Re: Hokone free pass 2016/8/19 09:43
- If you are making the "round course" trip in Hakone, even within one day, buying the Hakone Free Pass for 2 days makes sense (meaning it pays off).
- No, you cannot buy it at JR Kawasaki station, as the Hakone Free Pass is sold by Odakyu Railway, not by JR (Japan Rail). If you are starting from JR Kawasaki, you can take JR train to Odawara, then buy the "inside Hakone only" version of the Pass at Odawara.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hokone free pass 2016/8/30 23:02
Hello,
I have the JR Pass and I want to go from Tokyo to Hokone , spend one night in Hokone and then continue my trip to Kyoto so can you confirm that my best option is to go to Odawara with the JR Pass , then buy the Free area pass (4,000 Yen) there to benefit from free transportation until the next day?
Thanks in advance
Pascal
by Pascal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Freepass 2016/8/30 23:38
Dear Pascal, you are expected not to hijack another poster's thread.

You can make a new thread for your own question.
There it would be better to show your full itinerary with your timeline.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quenew.html

From Guidelines
: Unless you are the original poster of the thread, do not append your own questions to an existing thread. Create a new thread instead.
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereanew.html?id_que=148956

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Hokone free pass 2016/8/31 03:51
Hakone Free Pass is available in 2 or 3-day options only. Note that MOST day passes define a day to start at 00:00 (midnight) of the first use, and ends at 23:59 on the same day - NOT 24 hours from the first use. So, if you are staying one night in Hakone, you will likely need a 2-day pass.
by Mei (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread