Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Investing/Saving/Pension in Japan 2016/8/19 15:06
Hi guys. I am new in here and tried to find the topic and not ask the same question again but didn't find anything specific or updated.

I have been living and working in Japan for 2 almost two years now. I am planning to live here for a long term and not going back home anytime soon.

I manage to put aside around $1000/ 100,000 yen but not know what to do with the money. Interest rates are ridiculous here and I don't have the the language skills to do much search online or communicate with the bank personnel.

What would be the smartest way to invest this money long term? I mean putting $1000 to work monthly?

I would appreciate any suggestion: please something more specific than just Mutual Funds, Index Funds, ETF.

I would appreciate any information related to which bank, broker, financial manager/adviser has best rates, lowest frees and such.

Thanks
by Comokun  

Re: Investing/Saving/Pension in Japan 2016/8/19 20:10
Have you tried looking for a financial advisor?
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Investing/Saving/Pension in Japan 2016/8/19 20:19
A term investment in JP is very low interest rates around 0.01 - 0.02(before tax)%.
JP Govt bonds are around 0.05%.
Australia term investment is 1.5% for a year, 1.7% for two years. But, exchange rates may cause some risk.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Investing/Saving/Pension in Japan 2016/8/19 23:06
if you trust softbank (cell phone carrier), you can buy their bonds at investment firms. the interest rates are higher than others.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread