Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita - 2N Hakone & 2N Kawaguchiko - Tokyo 2016/8/19 16:48
Hi, we are flying in to Tokyo via Narita about 8am and plan to stay for 2 nights in/around Hakone, followed by another 2 nights in/around Kawaguchiko, then back to Tokyo. I'm overwhelmed by logistics for transport/accommodations for these 2 areas. We are looking to stay affordable (~150,000 yen) places in Ryokans or airbnb walking distance to train/bus. Onsen facilities not important.

If anyone could help me out with these questions:

- Starting straight off our flights, so will be travelling with our big baggage (x2). But I read that no big baggage is allowed onto some transport of Hakone (Gora)? Which ones? Where can we stay then, without leaving our baggage in lockers?
- Or is there a convenient area (near train station) where we can stay for all 4 nights in between Hakone/Kawaguchiko and then do daytrips? Gotemba?
- Which train pass should we get? We're interested in doing the Hakone round course, go up to one of Fuji's 5th station (Subaru), take some sunrise/sunset photos at these 2 places.
by Regineteo  

Re: Narita - 2N Hakone & 2N Kawaguchiko - Tokyo 2016/8/20 17:46
You will need to budget higher for your accommodation. At least double for Hakone.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread