Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snow in Late December near Tokyo 2016/8/24 09:10
Hi! I want to see a lot of snow when i go to japan this last wk of december. Not just a few random piles of snow, but those in postcards and travel advertisements haha like the beautiful photos of Shirakawa-go in winter.

What daytrips from tokyo are best?
Are the Juhyo Ice Monsters in Zao Mountain already formed in late december?
Is Shirakawago already beautiful by then? Or do i have to go as far north as Akita?
by Rose (guest)  

Re: Snow in Late December near Tokyo 2016/8/24 10:26
Depends on the season. Last year (2015) was a very warm December and there was not much good snow until January.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in Late December near Tokyo 2016/8/24 14:41
Shirakawago isn't very close to Tokyo. How about Gala Yuzawa in Niigata Prefecture? http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7690.html
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Snow in Late December near Tokyo 2016/8/24 15:44
As already mentioned, in December 2015 there wasn't much snow anywhere near Tokyo. You have to go far north if you want guaranteed pile of snow. The closest place i can think of is Nagano, particularly the ski resorts there, or if you don't want to ski you can visit jigokudani park with the bathing monkey, there should be plenty of snow at the end of December.
by Ryuta89 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread