Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 days in Japan 2016/8/24 14:43
I am planning a 10 days trip to Japan in early December 2016 and will arrive Osaka and depart from Tokyo Narita airport.

I have never been to Osaka nor Kyoto.
The only places that I have been in Tokyo are the shrines in that city, Disney Sea and a few shopping districts. Oh, also have been to Hakone.

Q: Should I just stay in Osaka and Tokyo? Or should I also take a trip to Kyoto? Afraid it will be too rushed and I heard there is not much to see in Kyoto in early December.
by Rachel Nugyen (guest)  

Re: 10 days in Japan 2016/8/24 18:16
There is plenty to do in Kyoto. If you are only listening to hearsay and not actually doing any research, you wont get anywhere. Click on the Kyoto link and look for yourself the multitude of locations you can visit. There is plenty to do.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 days in Japan 2016/8/25 07:22
Rachel Nugyen,

It depends what you want to see. I would say it depends when your flight arrives. I would do 1 to 2 days in Osaka. I would then spend 3 -4 days in Kyoto and the rest of the time in Tokyo.
I would go to Ghibli Museum while in Tokyo if you have not been. The tickets go on sale for December on Sept 1 at JTB.
Here is a rough outline for what I am suggesting

Day 1
Arrive at KIX - Stay overnight at Osaka
Dotonbori (evening)*- suggestion
Day 2
Osaka
Aquarium Osaka* - suggestion
go to Kyoto
Day 3 - 5 Kyoto
Fushimi Inari*
Nijo Castle*
Ginkakuji*
Arashiyama*
Day 6 - 10 Tokyo

You can adjust the timeline (day allocation) based on what you want to see. There is a lot to do in Kyoto (besides what I suggested) but it depends on what you want to see. Sounds like there are probably places you still want to explore/see in Tokyo.

Have a great trip.
by Liz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread